No announcement yet.

Ronnie's "Murphy/Ding" tweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Murphy is in that "tinkering" stage, ever since he had to get the new cue. If he can get over the "I'm not playing as well as I did, there must be something wrong, let's try this..." phase quickly I think he can start claiming titles again.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Murphy has a bad habit of losing frames in batches. To me, that suggests he hasn't a B game to fall back on.

Comment

I think that there are many of you who simply do not like Shaun Murphy which is a fairly common theme across the snooker world. I personally like the guy.

Getting to a quarter final in near enough 1 in 3 tournaments is pretty impressive when you consider they're flying here there and everywhere these days.
        I reckon Murphy, Robbo, Selby would do well in any era and would've picked up titles when Williams, Hendry etc were in their pomp.

It's all opinions though!
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
          I think that there are many of you who simply do not like Shaun Murphy which is a fairly common theme across the snooker world. I personally like the guy.
          So do I, have done ever since his world-championship run when he won it. I find the Maguire thing very distasteful but it also seems fairly out of character. Then again, the way he seems to run his personal life suggests he may not be all sweetness and light. But I like watching him play when he's in form - he's horrible to watch when he isn't though.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
            So do I, have done ever since his world-championship run when he won it. I find the Maguire thing very distasteful but it also seems fairly out of character. Then again, the way he seems to run his personal life suggests he may not be all sweetness and light. But I like watching him play when he's in form - he's horrible to watch when he isn't though.
            I've spoken to him a couple of times now when he's visited our club to practice and had the pleasure of playing a frame against him in May. He has come across as a genuinely good bloke on each occasion.
            I've also met Ronnie and Jimmy white a couple of times and have to say I found them to be the complete opposite. Totally up their own backsides.

When Murphy's flowing he's brilliant to watch you're right.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

From what I have been told about JW and RO, you seem to have summed them up pretty well Tom.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Weirdly enough, that's my only experience of getting close to any of the players - I spent a couple of hundred quid and booked a day off work to go down from Hull to London and stay overnight so I could see Jimmy play Paul Hunter in an exhibition at the Sports Café in London - it was the week he announced he was doing that deal with HP Sauce to change his name, I think just before the 2005 Masters?

The whole thing was Jimmy not really being arsed to play, spending half his time checking his phone or joking with his entourage. He was posing for a few pictures and stuff but Hunter had made it clear he was going on holiday later that day so wasn't hanging around, essentially "won" the exhibition without trying, and Jimmy did a few press interviews and buggered off. The entire thing was a massive disappointment. I didn't even bother asking Jimmy to sign his book and it has put me off going to any exhibitions for fan events ever again.
                Last edited by gavpowell; 30 August 2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  Weirdly enough, that's my only experience of getting close to any of the players - I spent a couple of hundred quid and booked a day off work to go down from Hull to London and stay overnight so I could see Jimmy play Paul Hunter in an exhibition at the Sports Café in London - it was the week he announced he was doing that deal with HP Sauce to change his name, I think just before the 2005 Masters?

The whole thing was Jimmy not really being arsed to play, spending half his time checking his phone or joking with his entourage. He was posing for a few pictures and stuff but Hunter had made it clear he was going on holiday later that day so wasn't hanging around, essentially "won" the exhibition without trying, and Jimmy did a few press interviews and buggered off. The entire thing was a massive disappointment. I didn't even bother asking Jimmy to sign his book and it has put me off going to any exhibitions for fan events ever again.
                  Legends is ok if you can put up with the huge cheese factor. I was lucky to see Jimmy hit a TC and I shouted 'He's back!' and Virgo shouted 'He never went away!'. But the rest was very forgettable. Drago potting an amazing ball or three but unable to construct a break. Taylor and Thorburn showing us how 'good' they are - league standard. Comps of any kind are a much better recommendation. Doesn't have to be a big name. Or go to an exhibition that a local pro does, e.g. Andy Hicks. You can play him for a tenner, not the hundred Ronnie charges. And you'll get a proper frame and some advice for free. There will be loads in your area. You can't beat a tournament though, the tension is lovely and the frames real.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                    Murphy has a bad habit of losing frames in batches. To me, that suggests he hasn't a B game to fall back on.
                    Spot on. When he's left chances or left the table by an opponent out of form, he can win anything. But when the big guns are on form, he crumbles. He always crumbles against Ronnie. He won the worlds when the favourite ponies all fell at the first fence. And for a Christian, he's pretty hypocritical as well, typical of the protestant branch really. We've got loads of fake, greedy, sticky fingered CoE types breaking the deadly 7 sins in our area and Murphy is of that ilk. And he's got a square fat head. Brown shoes, crap waistcoats and 8.9mm tips. Yep, I love him. White and ROS are definitely the opposite as T147 says. They're chavs but boy can they play, so I forgive these naughty boys for their poor idiotic behaviour. They really are cockwombles. I'm a strange one, I like Ding, Fu, Davis and Alex. But Dale takes the biscuit. What an interesting lovely bloke. I could have a pint and chat with him anyday. We could discuss Powerglide; Dale knows his angel ash.
                    Last edited by Big Splash!; 30 August 2016, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                      Spot on. When he's left chances or left the table by an opponent out of form, he can win anything. But when the big guns are on form, he crumbles. He always crumbles against Ronnie. He won the worlds when the favourite ponies all fell at the first fence. And for a Christian, he's pretty hypocritical as well, typical of the protestant branch really. We've got loads of fake, greedy, sticky fingered CoE types breaking the deadly 7 sins in our area and Murphy is of that ilk. And he's got a square fat head. Brown shoes, crap waistcoats and 8.9mm tips. Yep, I love him. White and ROS are definitely the opposite as T147 says. They're chavs but boy can they play, so I forgive these naughty boys for their poor idiotic behaviour. They really are cockwombles. I'm a strange one, I like Ding, Fu, Davis and Alex. But Dale takes the biscuit. What an interesting lovely bloke. I could have a pint and chat with him anyday. We could discuss Powerglide; Dale knows his angel ash.
                      Bigsplash, are you on the angel dust again!!! You must be tripping right now! LOL

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                        Bigsplash, are you on the angel dust again!!! You must be tripping right now! LOL
                        Cues n Views mate, cues and views. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

I don't care about any pro's personality, I just want to see them play snooker, no interviews needed, couldn't care less about their wife and kids. I'd expect the same of any pro snooker player towards me, to basically sit down and watch them play without trying to intrude into their life to pose for a selfie, buy them a drink, be their drunk mate for the night; pretty sure they've all had a gutful of that from people they have never met before and will never meet again.

Can't stand people who constantly whoop, holler and whistle during rock concerts either, just sit down and ****ing listen like I do, you're not part of this, you're witnessing it.

As for Murphy, he was right to claim a frame for a player having to delay the start of the match because he'd alledgedly forgotten his chalk, rules are there to be adhered to for many reasons, one being gamesmanship.

Still waiting for that proof splasher

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                            I don't care about any pro's personality, I just want to see them play snooker, no interviews needed, couldn't care less about their wife and kids. I'd expect the same of any pro snooker player towards me, to basically sit down and watch them play without trying to intrude into their life to pose for a selfie, buy them a drink, be their drunk mate for the night; pretty sure they've all had a gutful of that from people they have never met before and will never meet again.

Can't stand people who constantly whoop, holler and whistle during rock concerts either, just sit down and ****ing listen like I do, you're not part of this, you're witnessing it.

As for Murphy, he was right to claim a frame for a player having to delay the start of the match because he'd alledgedly forgotten his chalk, rules are there to be adhered to for many reasons, one being gamesmanship.

Still waiting for that proof splasher
                            Jesus, what an utter bore ^!

Waiting? We've been waiting years for you to make a cue with your hands and a plane. :biggrin-new:

Comment

Who knows? An attempt at praising Ding's game over Murphy's? (That'd be my guess, as I know Ronnie enjoys the style of play Ding produces.)

It's possible that it's aimed at Murphy's personality, as him and Murphy have had their differences in the past. Murphy isn't one to hide opinion, and has been known to publicly criticise some of Ronnie's behaviour in the past. Maybe they'd just had a difference of opinions that day.

Probably just Ronnie being Ronnie, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Comment

I agree with both of them

Comment

Working...
                                X