No announcement yet.

Ronnie's "Murphy/Ding" tweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered about this tweet as well. Having read the entire of this thread to glean some information, I am none the wiser, but what I do know is that there are some funny, cool, froody and weird f*ckers on this forum. Ace. I feel at home.

Doubt it has anything to do with playing ability. It's some personal grievance. After Ronnie turned him over 13 - 3 at the Crucible in 2014 Murphy did say something nice about him:

'We’re blessed and lucky to be in the era of Ronnie, we’re all privileged to be here witnessing somebody who’s that good at something. Playing him is very, very difficult and you feel as if you’re playing on his table. This is the very, very top level of our sport. In golf it would be Woods or Rory McIlroy, in tennis it would be Federer, Rafael Nadal or Novak Djokovic. In our sport it’s O’Sullivan and every sliver of a chance you get you have to take them otherwise you lose. That’s how tough it is against O’Sullivan.'

Comment

Murphy is a bit of a knob, to be fair. I do like watching him as a player, but some of the nonsense he comes out with is pretty annoying.

His previous criticisms of Ronnie often sound like the moanings of a jealous man. I remember at Telford one year, he blasted fans because his match only had five fans watching, whilst Ronnie's on the other table had a full house. The fact that he actually bothered to whinge about this to the newspapers just made him look like a tool.

I remember that, because I was one of the hardcore five or six that were watching the Murphy match on the table he referred to. Weirdly CJ from Eggheads walked in before one frame, and he sat watching it.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
        Murphy is a bit of a knob, to be fair. I do like watching him as a player, but some of the nonsense he comes out with is pretty annoying.

His previous criticisms of Ronnie often sound like the moanings of a jealous man. I remember at Telford one year, he blasted fans because his match only had five fans watching, whilst Ronnie's on the other table had a full house. The fact that he actually bothered to whinge about this to the newspapers just made him look like a tool.

I remember that, because I was one of the hardcore five or six that were watching the Murphy match on the table he referred to. Weirdly CJ from Eggheads walked in before one frame, and he sat watching it.
        Brown brogue shoes; sums up Murphy to a tee. He's boring but grandmas and grandads like him; he's a good 'Christian' boy. Ironically, given he's a cockwomble, he does try and do stuff to further the youth game, along with Snooker Backer. Respect to him for trying stuff for the ams. That's no excuse for you to go and stalk SB on Twitter again mind!
        Last edited by Big Splash!; 8 September 2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
          Brown brogue shoes; sums up Murphy to a tee. He's boring but grandmas and grandads like him; he's a good 'Christian' boy. Ironically, given he's a cockwomble, he does try and do stuff to further the youth game, along with Snooker Backer. Respect to him for trying stuff for the ams. That's no excuse for you to go and stalk SB on Twitter again mind!
          What you on about?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
            Weirdly CJ from Eggheads walked in before one frame, and he sat watching it.
            I like Shaun he's a nice guy but he rubs people up the wrong way, a little bit like Selty.

I met CJ from eggheads at a snooker legends event a few years aho, he's a nice chap.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X