Tip question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Is it difficult re tipping blackspin ferrule JRC, I wasn't sure so stopped me buying one yet.
    no - but I am still not convinced about having a core into the shaft.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
      Did a bit of tidying up of my tip today. Looks like a bit of an improvement over my original effort don't ya think?

[ATTACH]18486[/ATTACH]
      Yikes. Looks like Marge Simpson.

Comment

Did a bit of tidying up of my tip today. Looks like a bit of an improvement over my original effort don't ya think?

[ATTACH]18486[/ATTACH]
        Nice job bluenose, get down the club and knock it in now.

Comment

My tip is so much flatter than everyone else's I have seen, near enough like the pool tip.
          This has probably been asked before, but if you get a blackspin retro fitted and you don't like it, is your cue screwed?
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            My tip is so much flatter than everyone else's I have seen, near enough like the pool tip.
            This has probably been asked before, but if you get a blackspin retro fitted and you don't like it, is your cue screwed?
            I suppose Mike would need to answer that but I expect yes it would !
            Personally I can't tell much difference between this and a brass ferrule so certainly wouldn't pay the high price of getting a cue converted, but I expect better players would feel the difference especially if they are using side a lot ( or outside English lol)
            I think I just get on with my cue because of the shaft characteristics nowt to do with the ferrule, or maybe it is the ferrule and I just don't know it ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Personally I can't tell much difference between this and a brass ferrule so certainly wouldn't pay the high price of getting a cue converted, but I expect better players would feel the difference especially if they are using side a lot ( or outside English lol)
              I think I just get on with my cue because of the shaft characteristics nowt to do with the ferrule, or maybe it is the ferrule and I just don't know it ?
              Sometimes ignorance is bliss bud
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Sometimes ignorance is bliss bud
                And cheaper !

Comment

I was gonna ask if you liked the blackspin for adding a bit of English on the ball and wondered if it helped with precise potting.

Comment

I was gonna ask if you liked the blackspin for adding a bit of English on the ball and wondered if it helped with precise potting.
                    I do find extreme swerve shots easier with this cue tho

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      no - but I am still not convinced about having a core into the shaft.
                      The core is to move the force and resonance from the ferrule edge into the middle of the shaft. This changes transmission and reduces throw.

The issue is whether folk can get on and profit from BS and be willing to cough up a hundred quid for a metal spike that cost 50p to make.

Ronnie and Selby don't need it. Is that game over or do users on here have something positive to recommend it?

Comment

Nice job bluenose, get down the club and knock it in now.
                        Thank you markz. I am looking forward to my next game on Tuesday to see how this tip plays and feels. The tip is totally different to anything that I have used before, it is considerably deeper.

Just to go a little further with this tip subject. What do you fellow members use by way of adhesive, I know that it is most likely superglue but, any particular make? When I change my tip, I usually do it when there is at least a day to go before I have to play with it, but, if my tip came off during a game, is there a glue that gives a quick fix, i.e. enabling you to play on within a very short time?

Comment

Superglue gel, you can play within 5 minutes

Comment

Thank you markz. I am looking forward to my next game on Tuesday to see how this tip plays and feels. The tip is totally different to anything that I have used before, it is considerably deeper.

Just to go a little further with this tip subject. What do you fellow members use by way of adhesive, I know that it is most likely superglue but, any particular make? When I change my tip, I usually do it when there is at least a day to go before I have to play with it, but, if my tip came off during a game, is there a glue that gives a quick fix, i.e. enabling you to play on within a very short time?
                            hi, bluenose

I use this stuff, It's the best I used so far
                            it's impact resistant and gives you some time to position your tip also

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GORILLA-SU...oAAOSwuhhXW~wW

Comment

Superglue gel, you can play within 5 minutes
                              I'll second that. Inexpensive, does the job... and allows you a few seconds to help get the right final position.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                                I'll second that. Inexpensive, does the job... and allows you a few seconds to help get the right final position.
                                Not as exciting as regular super glue though.

Nothing like working under pressure!
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X