Loose weight in cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    That's normal yeah, I'm no cuemaker but I think your first diagnosis might be right.
    Shame for a minute I thought it might be an easy fix. Do you know if having the weight redone will cause any cosmetic damage to the cue at all?

Comment

None at all , just remove the base joint and re-fix .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        None at all , just remove the base joint and re-fix .
        Awesome, I just spoke to craftsman and i'm going to be taking it there this morning to get it fixed.

Comment

Originally Posted by dom979 View Post
          just tried twisting the ferrule and the noise is still there. No it's a one piece.
          You've taken it in now but for future reference, if the loose weight is moving only a fraction, try turning the cue upside down, hold the butt and repeatedly tap the cue on the floor (preferable carpet). Put something on the tip/ferrule if you wish to protect it. The weight will move up the butt and wedge if you're lucky.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            You've taken it in now but for future reference, if the loose weight is moving only a fraction, try turning the cue upside down, hold the butt and repeatedly tap the cue on the floor (preferable carpet). Put something on the tip/ferrule if you wish to protect it. The weight will move up the butt and wedge if you're lucky.
            Turns out it was loose glue not a loose weight, still left it to be repaired as the noise was driving me insane

Comment

Originally Posted by dom979 View Post
              Turns out it was loose glue not a loose weight, still left it to be repaired as the noise was driving me insane
              Nasty vibration as well, it is annoying. Sort of twang noise if the splices are loose.

Comment

Are butt joints usually screwed in, or just glued and hammered in. I want to take one out, then try to get the weight out.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                  Nasty vibration as well, it is annoying. Sort of twang noise if the splices are loose.
                  It's only the glue used to fill the gap between the lead and the butt joint, the splices are fine.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    Are butt joints usually screwed in, or just glued and hammered in. I want to take one out, then try to get the weight out.
                    I think they're screwed in with e proxy resin to hold them in place.

Comment

Working...
                    X