Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using 2 cues in a match.

Hi

Does anyone know if you are allowed to play with more than one snooker cue in a match (like 9 ball)? I've bought a new snooker cue and I'm finding I prefer it for long potting and safety but when it comes to being in the balls and break building I prefer my old one! I play in a league and wondered what the ruling is on this, I can't find anything on the internet regarding this.

Thanks for any replies!

Yes,

I knew a guy who used a 10 mm tip snooker cue to break the pack and a 9.5 mm for break building .

As far as i know , no problemo .

Comment

Using 2 cues in a match.

allowed in snooker as long as the cues are over 3ft long and are of "usual design"
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Using 2 cues in a match.

you may get called a few choice names by others but not against the rules :biggrin:

Comment

I'd use the 'break building' cue for everything.
          If long pots don't go in for me, I always blame the cue action..

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            allowed in snooker as long as the cues are over 3ft long and are of "usual design"
            Anyone know why this rule exists? Were there some cases of people gaining an advantage with really short, odd-shaped cues?!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolty View Post
              Anyone know why this rule exists? Were there some cases of people gaining an advantage with really short, odd-shaped cues?!
              interesting question tbh . I'm also curious.
              I hope Dean shows up to give us sum info !!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolty View Post
                Some billiard bloke pulled out a modified pen type thing I think and scored a shed load of points doing little cannons, the rule was brought in after that I believe

Comment

Alec Brown , 14 Nov 1938 at the Thurstons Match Room , Leicester Square in the Daily Mail Gold Cup Snooker Competition vs Tom Newman , produced that " pen like " cue . Eight days later the Billiards Association & Control Council met and decided to define a " Cue " . Hence section 1 , Equipment Rule 3 , " A billiard cue as recognised by BACC shall not be less than 3 ft in length etc " . Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Some billiard bloke pulled out a modified pen type thing I think and scored a shed load of points doing little cannons, the rule was brought in after that I believe
                    Originally Posted by old school View Post
                    Alec Brown , 14 Nov 1938 at the Thurstons Match Room , Leicester Square in the Daily Mail Gold Cup Snooker Competition vs Tom Newman , produced that " pen like " cue . Eight days later the Billiards Association & Control Council met and decided to define a " Cue " . Hence section 1 , Equipment Rule 3 , " A billiard cue as recognised by BACC shall not be less than 3 ft in length etc " . Hope this helps.

It was a snooker match, where after potting a red Alec ending up buried in the reds, (have we not all been in this situation) and used "pen like" 5" piece of ebony, which also had a fountain pen clip to secure it in his shirt pocket, with a tip on it, to play the "backward" shot to hit the black.
                    Tom Newman initially was interested in the pen-cue, saying "it could be useful" and it is said that Tom then pocketed the pen-cue
                    Last edited by DeanH; 11 November 2016, 11:04 AM.

Comment

You learn something new everyday!
                      Thanks for sharing this info guys... :snooker:
                      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                      National Snooker Expo
                      25-27 October 2019
                      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

2+ cues in a match; desperate times for 30Bs! Maybe they can take a Parris, MW, TW etc to a match inside a golf bag; then get roundly beaten by Tom147 with his Cue Craft? lol
                        Last edited by Big Splash!; 12 November 2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                          You learn something new everyday!
                          Thanks for sharing this info guys... :snooker:
                          indeed .

thanks for info guys.

Comment

I remember Joe Johnson and Tony Knowles using their playing cue and swapping this using the original telecue for shots out of reach or to avoid using the half butt.

This was before the days where SD joints became the norm.

Comment

Working...
                            X