Picking table for 5,2 x 4,2 meter room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking table for 5,2 x 4,2 meter room

Hello, i have a 5,2mx4,2m room and i am trying to figure out what table to buy. I have 2 questions and i am sorry if they offend some hardcore fans, please know that i have limited options and no experience and want to play snooker with family and friends

1. Is it possible to play snooker on a billiards table / do you recommend it ? (i read the snooker balls are a bit smaller, as well as the holes)
    2. What size table would you recommend ? (also a billiards or snooker one ? - i read the 7 foot snooker one or 8 foot billiard table should be OK based on this site https://www.snookerandpooltablecompa...ize-guide.html , is this true ?
    3. Anything else i should take into consideration ?

Thanks for you help.

Just to be "core"
    Traditionally the "snooker" table is actually an English Billiard table that you play a cue sport game of snooker, but it is now commonly known as a snooker table, one and the same really
    And both games use the same size balls - 2 1/16 52.5mm diameter and the pockets are the same template.
    Now if by billiards you mean "three cushion billiard" or "carom", then that game is played on a smaller table with no pockets and slightly larger balls.
    The space you have is not large enough for full size snooker or standard size carom. So you will be going smaller both in table and ball size.
    Your choice with what you go for
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Just to be "core"
      Traditionally the "snooker" table is actually an English Billiard table that you play a cue sport game of snooker, but it is now commonly known as a snooker table, one and the same really
      And both games use the same size balls - 2 1/16 52.5mm diameter and the pockets are the same template.
      Now if by billiards you mean "three cushion billiard" or "carom", then that game is played on a smaller table with no pockets and slightly larger balls.
      The space you have is not large enough for full size snooker or standard size carom. So you will be going smaller both in table and ball size.
      Your choice with what you go for
      I can't agree with that, Carom balls are mahooosive, I think they're nearly 3 inches, bigger than U.S pool balls anyway.

To the OP, I think I'd be looking for an 8 foot pool table with that room.

Comment

lol relative "slighter" larger than snooker balls and won't work on the small table that will fit in the space available
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you for your opinion, i'll take that into consideration.

Comment

Thank you for clearing this up for me

Comment

Working...
            X