No announcement yet.

Fastest and most durable snooker cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a proper question, you lads that know and have played on proper pro cloths what's the difference between say the tournament gold we have on the club match tables and a pro cloth, is it the same kind of jump again that there is from the club cloth to the tourney gold? Or is it more, and how much more does it show up cueing off centre?
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Time for a proper question, you lads that know and have played on proper pro cloths what's the difference between say the tournament gold we have on the club match tables and a pro cloth, is it the same kind of jump again that there is from the club cloth to the tourney gold? Or is it more, and how much more does it show up cueing off centre?
      It's a completely different game entirely.

Every mistake is magnified. If you're not a very decent player, forget playing on those sort of tables... Soul destroying and there literally is zero reward to be had for your time.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
        It's a completely different game entirely.

Every mistake is magnified. If you're not a very decent player, forget playing on those sort of tables... Soul destroying and there literally is zero reward to be had for your time.
        Oh god Pottr's back

You're right with the above though (but you already knew that).
        P.s playing you lads thursday night, if I draw you bring your white gloves
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I watched 2 club players play on a Star Table a few weeks ago. 45 minutes for a frame , balls scattered all over the place .

Think they went on it for the experience , as they played on it for an hour then went on a standard club table .

Great experience but it is bloody hard to play on.
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            I watched 2 club players play on a Star Table a few weeks ago. 45 minutes for a frame , balls scattered all over the place .

Think they went on it for the experience , as they played on it for an hour then went on a standard club table .

when you're on they're great to play on but they're awful when you're struggling. Massive confidence drainers.
            Those who put unintentional side on the cue ball have got no chance on a star.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post

I watch this quite a lot.
              In our club we have two very tight Riley Aristocrats with steel blocks and other two tables are Riley club tables with average pockets. All four well maintained.
              We also have one guy who isn't that bad, but punches the ball quite hard a lot. You can imagine how much that Riley steel block spits out then. But he insists on using the tightest table available as this will supposedly make him a stronger player on those "easy" tables.
              This has been going on for years. And I think his game has actually gone backwards.

Comment

P.s playing you lads thursday night, if I draw you bring your white gloves
                Behave

Pockets are tighter, cloth is more responsive and the cushions have firmer bounces...

All in all it means you're not in for a good time if you're not playing well.

Comment

that was bullish. Anyway need a knock at yours!

Had a good weekend playing in Leeds on the Aristocrats and playing well, reckon we'd have a good game buddy!

Comment

Fastest and most durable snooker cloth?

Sign me up on Weds x

Comment

Working...
                    X