best glue to put on a new tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
    Heard good things abut the Gorilla superglue gel. It has an impact absorber built in, micro pieces of rubber, I believe. I have been using the Loctite gel until now but will give Gorilla a go when I next change tips.
    Its rubber infused but so is loctite power flex. Both are excellent for tips, the gorilla is available as s gel also but the regular is high viscosity anyway so not runny, ive been using it for a while now and cant fault it

Comment

I will only use loctite when re-tipping.
      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I use UHU plus. It's a 2 component glue which you must mix before use. It takes some hours to harden but then the tip cannot come off anymore. It is made and sold in Germany, I do not know if it is available in UK.

Comment

yes it is available in UK
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you! Well then that's the best glue, I promise!

Comment

Originally Posted by herbie View Post
              I use UHU plus. It's a 2 component glue which you must mix before use. It takes some hours to harden but then the tip cannot come off anymore. It is made and sold in Germany, I do not know if it is available in UK.
              Takes hours to harden you get 15 mins in a match situation what do you do then ??

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                Hi Steve

What's best results? Tried most glues and haven't really noticed too much difference to make me change (of the ones that work that is!).
                Currently using made in USA Pacer Z-POXY two pack 30 minute formula, also for fitting joints in cues. Dries clear, good for gap filling and shock resistant, so it says on the box. I can't fault it, better than Araldite IMO.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
                  Takes hours to harden you get 15 mins in a match situation what do you do then ??
                  If you use this glue you are not going to have any problems in a match situation. I mean - as far as your cuetip is concerned...

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                    Heard good things abut the Gorilla superglue gel. It has an impact absorber built in, micro pieces of rubber, I believe. I have been using the Loctite gel until now but will give Gorilla a go when I next change tips.
                    i may not have completely understand what you are saying , but its not too heavy for the wood ?

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      Currently using made in USA Pacer Z-POXY two pack 30 minute formula, also for fitting joints in cues. Dries clear, good for gap filling and shock resistant, so it says on the box. I can't fault it, better than Araldite IMO.
                      Sounds interesting for joints, might get some and try it. The loctite super glue I use dries in one minute and a minute later I'm cutting and shaping.
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Sounds interesting for joints, might get some and try it. The loctite super glue I use dries in one minute and a minute later I'm cutting and shaping.
                        Yep, same here.

I used Loctite . Dean advised to buy one of those loctite super glue. it's much better .
                        Gives you sum time to fit the tip center .

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                          Yep, same here.

I used Loctite . Dean advised to buy one of those loctite super glue. it's much better .
                          Gives you sum time to fit the tip center .
                          Gel or standard, they both work just fine but the gel gives you more time to centre and play with if you're not so sure.
                          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Gel or standard, they both work just fine but the gel gives you more time to centre and play with if you're not so sure.
                            yep.

I use this one .

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/sg_...ofessional.htm

Comment

As per post #2
                              http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...024#post917024

Loctitie SuperGlue Gel Repositionable - if available, just normal Gel if not
                              Gel for control and a second or two to position the tip

Used to use the two part many years ago but found it fiddly and messy, and the tip easily moved for a long time

What ever works for others is ok but I have not found a better all-round long lasting, tidy adhesive yet

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOCTITE-Su...cAAOSwdIFXydDI
                              Last edited by DeanH; 23 January 2017, 09:53 PM.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

As per post #2
                                http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...024#post917024

Loctitie SuperGlue Gel Repositionable - if available, just normal Gel if not
                                Gel for control and a second or two to position the tip

Used to use the two part many years ago but found it fiddly and messy, and the tip easily moved for a long time

What ever works for others is ok but I have not found a better all-round long lasting, tidy adhesive yet

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOCTITE-Su...cAAOSwdIFXydDI
                                Agree. the link i posted in my prvs post is new. gives you about 45 scd to center the tip. ( do'nt ask me how ?

i did orderd this one. but they sent me the wrong one.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/sg_...r-Glue-Gel.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X