X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha ha love that !

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
      Whereabouts in Newcastle do you play Scotty?
      Hi GeordieDS well mate used to play in stakeford and ashington years ago.been playing at blyth more recently but heard Whitley bay is a good club?Where abouts do you play mate?

Comment

Originally Posted by Scottythegeordie View Post
        Hi GeordieDS well mate used to play in stakeford and ashington years ago.been playing at blyth more recently but heard Whitley bay is a good club?Where abouts do you play mate?
        For a long time i played at Wallsend Supa Snooker but it closed and i moved to the coast, I was playing a lot at Whitley Bay Snooker Centre which is a well run club with a good owner and good facilities but i've stopped practicing now so haven't been in much lately, i did play some games for them in the Ashington league in the previous two seasons but i'm only down if they're stuck this season.
        I was born at Ashington's old hospital and the first place i ever lived was Stakeford although we moved to Wallsend when i was young
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
          For a long time i played at Wallsend Supa Snooker but it closed and i moved to the coast, I was playing a lot at Whitley Bay Snooker Centre which is a well run club with a good owner and good facilities but i've stopped practicing now so haven't been in much lately, i did play some games for them in the Ashington league in the previous two seasons but i'm only down if they're stuck this season.
          I was born at Ashington's old hospital and the first place i ever lived was Stakeford although we moved to Wallsend when i was young

It just shows ya mate it's a small world.yeah the old ashington hospital unfortunately that's no more been houses for afew years now.used to play at the bomarsund welfare they had afew snooker tables and used to practice there before moving away from the area also.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Please just get your cue sorted out, don't go buying a glove thing it looks ridiculous
            Don't be so pathetic jrc, here's a new member looking to solve a problem that can be cured with something that costs 50p off ebay and you're saying it looks ridiculous so don't do it, muck around with your cue instead and maybe ruin it.
            Saw Mark Selby and a few others looking ridiculous but coping rather well in the far east humidity with their three fingered gloves, many US pool players also, and I suppose I look ridiculus everytime I play as well, but no one is sniggering when I whup their arses; especially the player with the best record in our league last week who only scored 12 points to my 85 in the scratch cup and was wiping down his super smooth shiny maple cue every five minutes showing me he was sweating and feeling the pressure of the match.
            Something else to think about.

Comment

He's not in the far East tho is he

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                He's not in the far East tho is he
                That's not the point and you know it, he has a sticky cue problem that can be cured with a 50p cue glove rather than attack his cue with sandpaper.
                These mass produced cues that are varnished are done so for a reason, they haven't taken years to make with the shaft left to settle between planings like a hand made cue is. The varnish actually retains the moisture in the shaft, stopping it from drying out and possibly warping so it's best not to take the varnish off. It might be OK to do so, it might not, but if the op likes the cue and wants to keep playing with it then a cue glove is the perfect remedy, whether you or anyone else thinks it looks ridiculous is not an issue, the issue is that the shaft can become sticky quite quickly and a cue glove gives perfect friction free cueing across your bridge hand.

Comment

Working...
                X