cue offline after chest contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue offline after chest contact

recently found out a major problem in my game. " my cue is offline as soon as i get down "

I noticed that i lineup perfect, straight head down on the line of aim and cue straight down too. however as soon as my bridge hand touches the table and the cue touches the chest, " top of the cue is abit to the right of line of aim, and butt of the cue towards my body ( right handed player)

i told this to my coach. he said just move your right leg abit to the right of line of aim so that the chest moves to the right. i tried this method but it seems moving my right leg makes me totally offline and it feels akward and i miss all the shots

i tried putting my cue straight on baulk line and build my stance etc around it, and it looks straight however as soon as my chest comes to play the cue goes offline. i do similar technique to play some shots however i dont know how do i fix this issue

anyone can help me? any idea?

thank you in advance

Sounds like you're pulling the cue to your chest rather than putting your chest to the cue.

Comment

you are right i did try to do what u meant, thats y i tried to put my cue on baulk line then adjust my stance etc around it, once the cue is on baulk line, i move down and put my chest to the cue, however the cue is still offline once i start featuring

Comment

i suggest its not offline but you think it is

Comment

Video yourself and find out exactly what is pushing the cue off-line as it shouldn't be the chest. If you can determine what it is then you can eliminate it. For instance, do you shift your hips a bit when getting down?

I think golferson may well be right on this one.
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by highestbreak50 View Post
            recently found out a major problem in my game. " my cue is offline as soon as i get down "

I noticed that i lineup perfect, straight head down on the line of aim and cue straight down too. however as soon as my bridge hand touches the table and the cue touches the chest, " top of the cue is abit to the right of line of aim, and butt of the cue towards my body ( right handed player)

i told this to my coach. he said just move your right leg abit to the right of line of aim so that the chest moves to the right. i tried this method but it seems moving my right leg makes me totally offline and it feels akward and i miss all the shots

i tried putting my cue straight on baulk line and build my stance etc around it, and it looks straight however as soon as my chest comes to play the cue goes offline. i do similar technique to play some shots however i dont know how do i fix this issue

anyone can help me? any idea?

thank you in advance
            Im intrigued by your comment. Im intrigued because you say you worked out what was wrong and you told your coach.

Why isn't he telling you this? Why do you have a coach but you are the one working out what your problems are ....... ?

Smee

Comment

Working...
            X