No announcement yet.

Anybody practice solo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love a bit of solo practice, nothing better for building confidence. You can't beat it for improving your game. Don't worry about other people, just smile and say hello, key is not looking too intense and serious. My desire to play out weighs any concerns about what people think and it has over time yielded more partners.

Some great practice drills on here which help you make the most of your time on the table, set your self achievable goals and work towards them.

Enjoy it!
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

its a snooker forum on the tinternet we all play with ourselves on here

Comment

Originally Posted by Millzee View Post
        Wouldn't wanna do that yet mate wouldn't feel good enough currently! I'm hoping to improve though,
        I thought that too. Then I entered a fun tournament at the only place within 100km to play. I can manage a break in the 20s ... sometimes. The chap who won the day ran off a couple in the 60s. We went for pints together and I made some new friends. People who love this fabulous game seem to be encouraging rather than judgemental.

If you're ever on the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario, Canada, give me a holler and you can take my money!!
        Chris from Canada

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          its a snooker forum on the tinternet we all play with ourselves on here
          LMAO, but hush now, we don't everyone to know!!
          Chris from Canada

Comment

It's the best way but I don't do it....in fact I don't practice lol.
            Just my 2 league games a week lately:dejection:
            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Solo practice is vital at all levels. For someone new to the game I would set up basic routines and just experiment potting easy balls and cueing up and down the centre of the white. Keep your head down after the pot and observe how the white changes line as you change where you cue it.

For me now solo practice is about reinforcing confidence in my game and giving me a formula to concentrate on. I played Sunday night with my team mate I went 2 - 0 down as he won the frames in one visit with 2 x 70s. By keeping my self belief in the knowledge of what I practiced earlier in the week had me cueing well I was able to win the next 3 with 2 x 50s a 60 and 70 of my own. The better you get it's more about the mental side 100%.

Comment

Going Solo

I took up this fantastic game again earlier this year after a 40 + year absence. So far I have been practising solo around once a week, and will continue to do so until I gain a reasonable standard and can give an opponent a challenging game. I certainly have not been bothered by what people think of me practising solo as they seem to accept it as the norm. In fact there are some other club members that also practise solo. So one day they too, will probably want to challenge someone once they have achieved a reasonable standard in their game. So don't be put off what people think of you, and just go for it.

Comment

Didn't do Stephen Hendry any harm .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

What Town you in ...some solpractice is good but it can get boring unless your keen and playing in comps

Comment

If anyone is in Woking in Surrey or near there - I play solo all time! Last few weeks there's been other players who then offer you a frame or two, and it's good confidence if you win! Ive won 1 and lost 1 so far since being offered frames by other players...Great experience...

I mark my practice out by doing 1/1/2 hours safety and practicing angles.

And then 1 hour for potting and breakbuilding...Love it....
                      Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Working...
                      X