No announcement yet.

Anyone heard of Graham Lambert on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of Graham Lambert on here?

Graham was a pro during the 1990/1991 season. Now he is the 'cue doctor' in Bury Lancashire and always does a great job on a lot of the players cues in the Bury snooker league ((Lancashire) including myself. He doesn't play himself anymore though which is a shane as he used to be a great player. Just wondering if anyone else on this forum knows him or has heard of him? I think he played in the Bury snooker league for quite a while after being pro as well.
    Last edited by dmorley85; 21 February 2017, 07:20 AM.

I have listings for some of his matches from 1976-1991, often calling him a snooker hall proprietor
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

the only Graham Lambert i know of is the guitarist from the Inspiral Carpets!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        I have listings for some of his matches from 1976-1991, often calling him a snooker hall proprietor
        Can you share a link for this Dean? Who called him a snooker hall proprietor? Did he used to run a snooker club/clubs?

Comment

no links, I meant I have a several mentions of him in magazines from 1976-1991
          Example:
          Nov 1976 The Q World "Paul Medati whitewashed Prestwich snooker hall manager Graham Lambert although the first three frames could have gone either way."
          That was the only mention of a snooker hall
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            no links, I meant I have a several mentions of him in magazines from 1976-1991
            Example:
            Nov 1976 The Q World "Paul Medati whitewashed Prestwich snooker hall manager Graham Lambert although the first three frames could have gone either way."
            That was the only mention of a snooker hall
            that will be the one which is now rileys then, next door to the liberal club.... (not that effing liberal, they wouldnt let me join as didnt know anyone in there - closed shop!)

Comment

Here are a couple of snippets from Snooker Scene which might be relevant. This first from 1976 and the second 1977.

Lambert, whose ambition is to make a career in the game, wears a black glove on his bridge hand. This habit began when he scalded his hand and developed large blisters. On the night of a match, the blisters burst, making it very difficult to run the cue through his bridge. His girl-friend offered one of her gloves to cover the blisters, which not only protected his hand but also reduced the clamminess which sometimes arises through perspiration. When his hand healed, he found that he had become so used to playing with the glove on that he continued to wear it. [SS0176 p.18]

The latest new privately owned [snooker] centre is a venture in Bury by lifelong Snooker enthusiast and qualified referee Neville Spivey. The Bury club has twelve tables, is open seven days a week and has Graham Lambert, one of Lancashire's most promising young players, as consultant coach. [SS0477 p.25]

Comment

Bury Snooker Club has now closed, Nev is still about though!

@dmorley85 Ask Paul Taylor about Graham's 80-odd break at a club in Radcliffe, PT says it's the best break he's ever seen
                #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post

@dmorley85 Ask Paul Taylor about Graham's 80-odd break at a club in Radcliffe, PT says it's the best break he's ever seen

Lee M had a 145 in the club a couple of weeks ago

Comment

So I heard! Graham's break was at the dirty shirt club on a table with very tight pockets.
                    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

So I heard! Graham's break was at the dirty shirt club on a table with very tight pockets.

didnt realise they had a table in there!

Comment

Thanks for the replys, interesting reading!

Comment

I don't really see Paul that much apart from occasionally in the snooker league but will mention it to him when I see him. I play for Walmersley Con A. Are you from Bury?

Comment

Originally Posted by dmorley85 View Post
                            I don't really see Paul that much apart from occasionally in the snooker league but will mention it to him when I see him. I play for Walmersley Con A. Are you from Bury?
                            fred plays up at elton lib

Comment

hello out there
                              graham lambert passed away this morning
                              a very good friend, a better player and will be sadly missed
                              god bless mate

Comment

Working...
                              X