Dominant/leading eye sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominant/leading eye sighting

So I'm left eye sighting I've found out, would it benefit sighting/potting angle alignment if I were to cue with my left eye under the cue, has anyone any thoughts or experience in this area,as I've always done central cueing, any of you coaches or experts out there got any suggestions?

don't overly worry about it;
    it will only benefit you to adjust your eye/cue position if you currently are not potting balls; if you are potting balls then don't change this
    Don't over-think snooker you will only mess up with your game; be comfortable at the table and importantly, have fun

Most times when people miss a pot it is due to not delivering the cue straight to where you aiming for, not the sighting/aiming in the first place.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Ok mate cheers for the good advice

Comment

he's right (of course).

I had an issue where I appeared to be always missing to the left of target. a coach proved I was cueing straight (up and down the sets etc), but when i was doing basic practice of simple blue off the spot the the middle, I almost always missed the pot, and the blue went just off centre to the left. I was advised to just my aim to the right (its not easy mid game or mid match) but when I remember to do it I more than likely get the pot and when I don't I miss.

Comment

Originally Posted by Smeeagain View Post
          he's right (of course).

I had an issue where I appeared to be always missing to the left of target. a coach proved I was cueing straight (up and down the sets etc), but when i was doing basic practice of simple blue off the spot the the middle, I almost always missed the pot, and the blue went just off centre to the left. I was advised to just my aim to the right (its not easy mid game or mid match) but when I remember to do it I more than likely get the pot and when I don't I miss.
          I think you had better check this out as I don't believe it's correct. (You should never balance one problem out by introducing something else which is not right.) Get a video of yourself and confirm the cue is being delivered straight. I put the camera over the green side top pocket and cueball dead in on baulkline with camera covering from top of elbow to just in front of the cueball and try long blue stop shots. This way if you use Kinovea you can see if you're hitting the middle of the cueball and you can also check using the leather of the yellow pocket to see if the cue is being backswing AND delivered straight. (In most cases there will be a glitch, especially in the backswing.)
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Or as S Davis advised : useing 2 piece of chalks. You put 2 piece of chalks on the cushion and then put the butt of the cue between them. After you're done with cueing, if one of those chalks has moved, than your backswing or delivery was'nt stright .
            Last edited by Ramon; 24 February 2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X