No announcement yet.

advice on cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its unique that a company like Craftsman who makes their own cues would sell a rival manufacturers product too. I can't imagine many other cue makers who do this. I think Craftsman make better cues than mastercue too, though when i went up there they only had about 6 Mastercues to try out.

Comment

i think you will find they have nothing but praise for the Master cues ,
      Master cues are a work of art i've never seen a bad one yet !
      www.greenbaize.com

Comment

yeah they look good quality, didn't like the feel of the ones i tried, tho the sizes weren't much to my liking. I found the butt feels quite narrow, I don't know if that is the norm.

You must see pretty much all cue makers cues, and a great deal of them. Which is the best for feel and playability wise? I think a lot of people judge a cue to much on looks rather than how it plays. I know people have differing opinions but obviously you play the game to a good standard, do you have an unbiased opinion?

I personally play with a Coutts cue which is individually hand made and I haven't come across a cue near to it in terms of build quality and feel. Only drawback is the waiting time which is about 10 weeks.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman
          yeah they look good quality, didn't like the feel of the ones i tried, tho the sizes weren't much to my liking. I found the butt feels quite narrow, I don't know if that is the norm.

You must see pretty much all cue makers cues, and a great deal of them. Which is the best for feel and playability wise? I think a lot of people judge a cue to much on looks rather than how it plays. I know people have differing opinions but obviously you play the game to a good standard, do you have an unbiased opinion?

I personally play with a Coutts cue which is individually hand made and I haven't come across a cue near to it in terms of build quality and feel. Only drawback is the waiting time which is about 10 weeks.
          Master Cues are very consistent with the quality of the woods they use unlike some other cue makers that will remain anonymous !
          You will find that different cue makers cues will have some sort of trends with the way the cue plays and feels .
          eg: CueCraft's handmade cues will tend to be made very heavy and chunky cues as a norm ,they are usually made to 57-5inches in length and weigh between 19-21oz with a 9-7mm tip . the feel is a solid but soft hit on contact with white . (CueCraft do make cues to your own spec)
          I could go on all day about other Cues but in general they all feel and play different .
          pm me if you would like to know more about cues.
          www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Working...
          X