Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Pocket Size Photos

Greetings!

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where each of us could post photos of our own tables pocket openings to compare with each other, as it seems very hard to find good table mechanics around the world other than the UK, and most of us are likely playing on all sorts of different pockets openings.

If you have your own table, please post photos of the middle and corner pocket with measuring tape across the spot where the slate drop starts (roughly), and let us know where you are from!

Here is mine that was done in Vancouver BC, Canada, where we don't have any snooker table mechanics or shops (as only Pool tables are sold and installed here), and there is only 1 club left that has snooker tables to play on, which is far away from me, so I bought a used table and moved to a bigger house to fit it. Yes snooker is THAT important!

I bought a used Riley Aristocrat with steel block cushions, and ordered in british black rubbers and printed off the pocket templates found on this forum and gave it to them. (as nobody has the official wooden templates here).

They did there best with it... but I'm quite sure they aren't correct and I'm having issues with the balls hitting the wood rails inside the pockets that aren't covered by the rubber, staples inside pockets, and the corners are very hard to pot along the rail, and middles very wide.

Here is a link to more of the pocket photos:
    https://goo.gl/photos/jBDsDxWgmTfy4QGs8

:
    not my table but one I went to see for a friend; it was made up from various pieces and was about 11ft by 6ft and had the following corner pocket
    please, no one use this as a template for their table! :wink:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Realvegan:

Your pockets obviously need a good table fitter as you definitely should not be hitting wood. It means the fitter just cut back the rubber on the pocket rather than removing the rubber and shaving the wood back as he should have done.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        :
        not my table but one I went to see for a friend; it was made up from various pieces and was about 11ft by 6ft and had the following corner pocket
        please, no one use this as a template for their table! :wink:
        They all look that big to me! Lol.
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Here's one of my corners

Comment

Working...
          X