My dominant eye is ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dominant eye is ...

So I've established my dominant eye is my left. But what does that actually tell me? Can I use that info to improve my game?
    Smee

Just play the game, your brain will work it out

Comment

Thanks. Ive played on and off for many years. Ut just trying to understand why folk talk about the dominant eye and why it's important?

Comment

If you start trying to cue under that eye you will probably mess up your stance something rotten !

Comment

Just to give some info...the'dominant eye' theory came about from Joe Davis who cued under his left eye, but he explained that he was almost blind in his right eye and he got the added bonus of being more compact in his set-up. Most right handed players will sight with their left eye whether it is dominant or not but in makes no difference for as JRC says, just use one way consistently and your brain will adapt quite quickly. Ensure your set-up is correct and compact.
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

There are a lot of players who cue one side of the chin or the other but I don't think they are choosing to do that, I think their eyes just place their head there on the way down as that's how they see the cue on the line, so it's a natural position not a chosen one. Just my thoughts on it.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I always understand it to be due to how your head aligns, it's not really anything to do with eyes. Your dominant eye does not pull you to sight with it, as you can sight with either or both eyes. With the cue under the chin you can still see the angle. Really don't worry about which is dominant or not.

Comment

I have no idea which eye is dominant for me and I do ok. Don't over-complicate the game it's hard enough as it is.
                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                  I have no idea which eye is dominant for me and I do ok. Don't over-complicate the game it's hard enough as it is.
                  The best advice on here in awhile. DON'T OVER-COMPLICATE
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

My dominant eye is.....irrelevant.
                    H.b.142

Comment

Working...
                    X