No announcement yet.

Snooker and the gym - serious question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit left field but how old are you? I found this happened to me over a very short period of time at it was because my eyes were deteriorating. Nothing bad, just age. It seemed to knock my brain out completely and from being an very good long potter I started missing hugely.

Not saying it's that but I was surprised how it affected me in ways I wouldn't have thought.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
      Have you considered changes to your eyes. From what I´m reading you must be 40+ which for many people are the time, when their eyesight starts changing.
      Well yes, I'm 42 next month. So it had occurred to me, but I'd sort of dismissed it because of the suddenness with which it seems to have happened.

I just assumed that eyesight would be something that gradually deteriorates over a long period of time, rather than suddenly imploding in a couple of months.

Maybe I need to look in that direction.

Comment

I think a change to body composition would alter things but only in the extreme were you to bulk up massively.
        Do you tend to play snooker after exercise (same day)? I used to have a problem with playing snooker after playing football matches, I couldn't concentrate with the adrenaline still pumping.
        I solved this by not playing snooker on sunday afternoons!
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
          Well yes, I'm 42 next month. So it had occurred to me, but I'd sort of dismissed it because of the suddenness with which it seems to have happened.

I just assumed that eyesight would be something that gradually deteriorates over a long period of time, rather than suddenly imploding in a couple of months.

Maybe I need to look in that direction.
          I'm 47 and have had ms 12 years, the first problem i had was blurred vision which comes and goes, I don't wear glasses and I've been playing better than ever lately, sometimes in snooker i think we look for excuses when most of the time we just don't play enough
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
          X