Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by highestbreak50 View Post
    thank you terry
    feels so uncomfortable but my cueing is better now when i only use the back 3 fingers to close the grip, although sometimes i feel the cue is abit loose since the forefinger is relaxed etc

so now all i do is, i have a normal grip as most players when i am in address position, i pull the cue back and open the back 3 fingers, and i deliver the cue and close the back 3 fingers, and the thumb and forefingers stay relaxed.
    one problem here, sometimes the back 3 fingers close too early. thats why i also experiment to deliver few inches using forefinger and thumb and mid way i use the back 3 fingers to finish the delivery. however sometimes i feel that when i make those changes mid delivery , the cue is too loose etc

thank you for the support
    You are still over-complicating things. There has to be a lot of extra thinking going on which is not about the true purpose of potting a ball. Pick one grip solution and stick with it. Most good players relax the back 3 fingers anyway and then re-grip the cue after the strike. I wish I could do that consistently.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

i have an explanaton for the right to left cue finish...sitting at a table with your elbow resting on it hold your hand up in front of you at chin height point your forefinger and thumb straight ahead..with the last 3 fingers curled towards the palm with the 2nd last fingfer slightly touching the inside of the palm now gently squeeze the last two fingers keeping the middle finger out of the squeeze..look at your forearm to see the result of the squeeze there should be a slow movement of the forearm muscle inwards...now with the last two fingers squeezing into the palm together.slow the squeeze till the muscle in the fore arm gets slower in reaction..this is a relaxed delivery from the back..now add the middle finger and the result should be the same with the thumb and forefinger still pointing in the same direction with no turning of the hand...now for thinteresting part and the reason your cue turns...curl the forefinger into the plam the same as the others..now do the squeeze again..from the back two fingers only and keeping the thumb relaxed..the forefinger will ever so slightly turn into the left if all four knuckles are in line which for this demo they must be..to stop the turning make the tip of the forefinger in line with the last three knuckles..now with the tip in line with the last three knuckles.squeeze faster and faster..if you have done this correctly there will be no turning of the grip

Comment

Originally Posted by elsparrow View Post
        i have an explanaton for the right to left cue finish...sitting at a table with your elbow resting on it hold your hand up in front of you at chin height point your forefinger and thumb straight ahead..with the last 3 fingers curled towards the palm with the 2nd last fingfer slightly touching the inside of the palm now gently squeeze the last two fingers keeping the middle finger out of the squeeze..look at your forearm to see the result of the squeeze there should be a slow movement of the forearm muscle inwards...now with the last two fingers squeezing into the palm together.slow the squeeze till the muscle in the fore arm gets slower in reaction..this is a relaxed delivery from the back..now add the middle finger and the result should be the same with the thumb and forefinger still pointing in the same direction with no turning of the hand...now for thinteresting part and the reason your cue turns...curl the forefinger into the plam the same as the others..now do the squeeze again..from the back two fingers only and keeping the thumb relaxed..the forefinger will ever so slightly turn into the left if all four knuckles are in line which for this demo they must be..to stop the turning make the tip of the forefinger in line with the last three knuckles..now with the tip in line with the last three knuckles.squeeze faster and faster..if you have done this correctly there will be no turning of the grip
        This is interesting .

Comment

Working...
        X