No announcement yet.

Clean the balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can wash them in the dishwasher. Just don't use any detergent tablets. The hot water cuts through the grease easily. I heard that one of the main tour pro's does it all the time, from another pro.
    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

I use Super resin polish (autoglym) for the reds and colours. Then I use the aramith ball cleaner on just the cueball. If you want a laugh though...do the opposite and then you will be able to do exactly what this YouTube guy does! It's hilarious!!!

https://youtu.be/Yp49zBqYbrA

You're not fooling anyone pal :-p
      Last edited by inevermissblue; 26 September 2017, 05:28 PM.
      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

My team mate tried his 1G's in his dishwasher on Tuesday before our league match on Wednesday and it does work a treat! They were immaculate. Once again though...Remember not to use any detergent tablets. Just let the hot water do its thing! There ya go! Tried and tested!!!
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
          My team mate tried his 1G's in his dishwasher on Tuesday before our league match on Wednesday and it does work a treat! They were immaculate. Once again though...Remember not to use any detergent tablets. Just let the hot water do its thing! There ya go! Tried and tested!!!
          Did he use the lowest temp setting INMB?
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Did he use the lowest temp setting INMB?
            50 degrees. That is the lowest on mine so I suppose he would have yes. I'll ask him. It's got to be better than the laborious polishing that I always do. Takes them back to their original surface. More importantly...no grease!
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
              50 degrees. That is the lowest on mine so I suppose he would have yes. I'll ask him. It's got to be better than the laborious polishing that I always do. Takes them back to their original surface. More importantly...no grease!
              The lazy side to me is liking this idea ; )
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Clean the balls

The bar lady at our club puts the sets of balls in the glass washer. Saluc/Aramith themselves does not recommend putting balls in dish or glass washers. Of course they do recommend using their own cleaning and polishing products
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I already use what you know by degreaser, a product called caool used to polish chrome, after use the balls are shining and with a great answer, I used detergent and hot water but I did not find it as efficient as the degreaser because after use leaves the balls just like wax, but I have heard that it is very strong and that this reduces the life of the ball which has not yet been the case, already destroyed a ball using a product called clean oven, this changed the color of the ball kkkkkkk .. and what about putting the balls in the microwave, I heard that a professional player makes use of this practice, someone already tried?
                  ”Corium sana in iaculat sano”

Comment

My snooker balls get spots all over. The reds and especially the green, brown, blue and black ball. To clean these balls with Aramith ball cleaner and a cloth is very hard work, takes two days and my hands are sore afterwards. And only a week later I should clean them all again. It is a problem for which I have not found a solution yet. I wish I had a ball cleaning machine.

Comment

Originally Posted by herbie View Post
                      My snooker balls get spots all over. The reds and especially the green, brown, blue and black ball. To clean these balls with Aramith ball cleaner and a cloth is very hard work, takes two days and my hands are sore afterwards. And only a week later I should clean them all again. It is a problem for which I have not found a solution yet. I wish I had a ball cleaning machine.
                      I use a plastic triangle for racking the balls, a car rotating buffing machine and a blanket. Put blanket on floor near a power source, put triangle on blanket, fill triangle with balls, plug in buffer, spray a little bit of window cleaner on balls, turn on buffer and buff balls until brilliant. Once a month use some Turtle wax on them, just a bit, use the extra hard type. Will work good with G1 balls because you have a case, you need to remove some reds and buff again, give the colours a double dose of buffing. I buff my balls often, I like em really buffed up. Cheers
                      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

sharkster63, congratulations for having a car rotating buffing machine!

Comment

You can use shower gel or washing powder to clean pool ball

Comment

Ballstar Pro ballcleaner, our kicks are massively decreased after buying this in the club. It does the job better than expected. Less spots and less kicks!

Comment

sharkster63, congratulations for having a car rotating buffing machine!
                              Lol, Im french....
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

I cleaned the balls today oh boy

I cleaned the balls today - look what happened! It is only this one ball, all the other balls are without any problem.
                                I am still shocked, don't know what to do.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by herbie; 12 January 2018, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X