Torn cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torn cloth

What happens if someone rips the cloth during a match?
    王可

It makes a hole
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      It makes a hole
      LOL, "my name's Neil Taperell, and I'm here all week"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

What is the effect on play? Is it a foul?
        王可

Comment

It's not a foul just to tear the cloth. The ref would probably, depending on the state of the tear, call the fitter out to fix it and send the players off for the time it takes to fix it.

Comment

Originally Posted by bricktip View Post
            It's not a foul just to tear the cloth. The ref would probably, depending on the state of the tear, call the fitter out to fix it and send the players off for the time it takes to fix it.
            Correct, tearing the cloth is not a foul unless done in a malicious/ungentlemanly manner.
            The game would be stopped and the tear fixed (did this happened on a TV game, IIRC Ebdon was one of the players?).
            At our club a massive tear (12") occurred and the game was transferred to the next table as best as possible and match continued, no foul same player.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you for that.

BT, as neighbours, well almost, we should stick together!
              王可

Comment

one comment was that a ball had been moved by the cloth moving; my view is that rule sec 3.15 "Ball moved by other than striker" and that the affected balls replaced as best as possible.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes, i seem to remember an incident with Peter Ebdon within the last ten years.

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Correct, tearing the cloth is not a foul unless done in a malicious/ungentlemanly manner.
                  The game would be stopped and the tear fixed (did this happened on a TV game, IIRC Ebdon was one of the players?).
                  At our club a massive tear (12") occurred and the game was transferred to the next table as best as possible and match continued, no foul same player.

Comment

That rule used to come into play when I was in a seismically active area.
                    王可

Comment

Working...
                    X