Anyone tried Black Heart Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried Black Heart Tips?

I've been looking at the Black Heart #1 and Black Heart Oxbridge tips, has anyone used these before and what are they like?

Hi

I bought a few Black Heart #1s and have them on 3 cues. I'm no expert, but in my opinion they are medium-hard, take chalk nicely and give a solid hit, however, don't appear to offer me as much spin as a Talisman or Kamui. These do appear consistent, however, and haven't delaminated on either of the cues they're on.

It's a personal choice - I prefer a softer tip with which I get more feel.

Not bad, but personally I think I get more feel from some other tips on the market and so whilst I won't pull these off, I probably would prefer some of the other ones mentioned. I have ordered some soft CC tips...interested to see how these feel...

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
      Hi

I bought a few Black Heart #1s and have them on 3 cues. I'm no expert, but in my opinion they are medium-hard, take chalk nicely and give a solid hit, however, don't appear to offer me as much spin as a Talisman or Kamui. These do appear consistent, however, and haven't delaminated on either of the cues they're on.

It's a personal choice - I prefer a softer tip with which I get more feel.

Not bad, but personally I think I get more feel from some other tips on the market and so whilst I won't pull these off, I probably would prefer some of the other ones mentioned. I have ordered some soft CC tips...interested to see how these feel...
      Do your think the Talisman Soft is a better tip compared to the Black Heart's? I have an 11mm Talisman Soft but haven't put it on yet.

Comment

Difficult to say as I've only tried a Hard Talisman tip. In comparison, I just felt I had more feel with the Talisman than the Black Heart, though these are on different cues so it may not be just the tip.

I'm still experimenting having recently got back into the game and previously used the inconsistent Elk Master tips. I've come to realise that my game is more intuitive when I have a softer tip and more feel. Personally, I'm moving away from harder tips and towards soft tips. Only with more experimenting will I have a better idea, but to answer your question more directly, I think you may enjoy the touch from the Talisman better.

In terms of quality, delamination, longevity etc, I haven't used enough of either to give an accurate opinion.

Comment

Compared to Talisman I'd say the Black Heart #1 is somewhere between soft and medium, I personally like them and haven't had any issues, I've been told they can split but mine haven't.

Comment

I've tried both and currently play with the ox bridge tip.
            The most consistent tip I've used but I'm biased because I also play with their pool tip range when playing American pool...
            ----
            PS:
            They are sponsoring my event next year and players will be able to test their products :snooker:
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I have tried them I thought they were good but mine split after only a month or so.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                I have tried them I thought they were good but mine split after only a month or so.
                Never had one split before?
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                  Never had one split before?
                  I think they may have improved - it was 5 or 6 years ago? kamui split on me all the time, talisman used to be great but now are a nightmare!

Comment

I think they may have improved - it was 5 or 6 years ago? kamui split on me all the time, talisman used to be great but now are a nightmare!
                    Didn't realise black heart had been making tips for that long...
                    Where they around before kamui and talismanan?
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                      Didn't realise black heart had been making tips for that long...
                      Where they around before kamui and talismanan?
                      not sure but I am the gullible kind that tries everything when it comes out - talisman started in about 1995 ?

Comment

What do you mean that now Talisman's are a nightmare adr? Do you mean they are more inconsistent now than they used to be? I have an 11mm Talisman Soft but haven't put it on yet. I heard the 11mm ones are the best and the Soft ones are probably the best bet to get rather than the medium or hard.

Comment

Working...
                        X