Ferrule redo Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrule redo Q.

Hi- I damaged the ferrule bit on my cue & need to replace, but only ones I see on ebay for eg, are threaded. Mine ferrule has a part of it broken off, & you can see its just a cylinder w'out thread. Where do I find one of these?

Thanks

Dave Coutts sells them on eBay, here's the link:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F331909399746

Comment

Originally Posted by Sea Chief View Post
      Hi- I damaged the ferrule bit on my cue & need to replace, but only ones I see on ebay for eg, are threaded. Mine ferrule has a part of it broken off, & you can see its just a cylinder w'out thread. Where do I find one of these?

Thanks
      How did you break it mate? And it's a brass ferrule? Personally, I'd get that fixed by a cue builder.

Comment

I broke it cos I had a major (thats throwing my toys out pram) for the umteenth time at my infuriating table I play on. Ive broken 2 cues now. Ive never so much as got angry anywhere near a snooker table before. THATS how frustrating this godamm table is (pls see my frustration thread!)

Thanks for link btw.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
          Dave Coutts sells them on eBay, here's the link:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F331909399746
          Ive just got one- trawled ebay before but didnt see these/ so apprerciated.

One thing tho- mine seems to have a diagonal slant on the inside, going outwards on the cue side. IE the wood underneath is also slanted to match it. Is this a specific ferrue needed then, as I guess these listed types wont match without me fettling the cue.. a faff I was hoping to avoid.

Comment

The threaded are in my opinion much more secure.

Comment

But if my cue wood end bit isnt threaded.. then a threaded ferrule is n/a unless cue sent to a pro to get cue end threaded, perfectly made to match the new one's inner XYZ.. which is totally n/a for me just wanting to redo mine.

Is this correct?

Comment

You don't thread the wood the ferrule thread does that but your ferrule size needs to be right.

Comment

Ok understood.. & assuming I did get the correct size threaded one: if we're talking very hard ash, then how is the ferrule put on? it surely needs very strong & very accurate clamps/ tools to do this job without bending the ferrule or not threading the wood end spot on 1st time.. it sounds a pro job-?

Comment

I just put tape round the ferrule to prevent it getting scratched and the put the ferrule in pliers and screw it on if its too tight take a little off the wood with a fine file I also put a spot of super glue on the wood and quickly screw on. That what I have done for 30 odd years but you would be better getting it done by someone more experienced than yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X