Head goes up during backswing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head goes up during backswing

I filmed myself and could not believe my head was moving so much duing backswing. Any reasons this happens?

Also I am pretty novice player, so any advices are appreciated.
    Ps. I am triying to employ snooker techic for russian billiards.

VIDEO:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lQzwL57lgc

Sorry wrong video. Here one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=283Rne_f38c

Comment

Your head is moving up because your cueing is not level, but you have a long way to go until you should start worrying about it.

Just enjoy the game. The more you enjoy it, the better you will become.

Comment

Just out of curiousity.

Do you mean that cueing line is an arc
        OR do you mean that cue is just not level to the table?

Anyway any tips on fixing it?

Comment

Cue is not on the right plane, get the cue down and almost level until it's just one chalk height off the cushion. To control head movement keep the chin and chest on the cue until the end of the delivery and especially during the backswing and once you deliver the cue keep the cue extended for a second or two.

Originally Posted by Empower View Post
          Just out of curiousity.

Do you mean that cueing line is an arc
          OR do you mean that cue is just not level to the table?

Anyway any tips on fixing it?
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            Cue is not on the right plane, get the cue down and almost level until it's just one chalk height off the cushion. To control head movement keep the chin and chest on the cue until the end of the delivery and especially during the backswing and once you deliver the cue keep the cue extended for a second or two.
            If you notice the chalk on the rail Tel then he's doing this already, also he's an extreme right eye sighter so the cue is outside his chin and his chin is actually below the cue. It looks to me like he moves his head in conjunction with the forward and backward motion of the cue while switching focus between cue ball and the peripheral view of object ball and pocket.

I would say he needs to concentrate on ficking his eyes from cue ball to object ball only instead of moving his head to take in the peripheral view of object ball and pocket. The pocket is irrelevant once down on the shot because unlike the balls it doesn't move and you only need to focus from cue ball to object ball once the line of aim has been taken in when stood behind the shot before getting down into the stance.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              If you notice the chalk on the rail Tel then he's doing this already, also he's an extreme right eye sighter so the cue is outside his chin and his chin is actually below the cue. It looks to me like he moves his head in conjunction with the forward and backward motion of the cue while switching focus between cue ball and the peripheral view of object ball and pocket.

I would say he needs to concentrate on ficking his eyes from cue ball to object ball only instead of moving his head to take in the peripheral view of object ball and pocket. The pocket is irrelevant once down on the shot because unlike the balls it doesn't move and you only need to focus from cue ball to object ball once the line of aim has been taken in when stood behind the shot before getting down into the stance.
              Um, the cue ball and object ball move exactly the same as the pocket ie not at all. All are perfectly stationary.

Comment

Originally Posted by Empower View Post
                I filmed myself and could not believe my head was moving so much duing backswing. Any reasons this happens?

Also I am pretty novice player, so any advices are appreciated.
                Ps. I am triying to employ snooker techic for russian billiards.

VIDEO:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lQzwL57lgc
                O'Sullivan moves his head an awful lot during feathering. I'd say as long as you're perfectly still on the actual shot, which you seem to be, don't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                X