cueing or dominant eye problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"saw another coach last month and he said my technique is perfect."

"forgot to mention here, that i had two major back disk surgeries 2 years ago, and i had to change few techniques, eg: my elbow isnt as high as it used to be, and i dont turn my hip at all, and my leg is not very straight too."

"i tent to bring the cue to the chest which makes it offline."

"but yeah i cannot twist my heap at all after my back surgeries"

"i did this video very quickly just for this forum"

Fantastic.

Post a video asking about technique, and don't show your technique.
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
      [ATTACH]19003[/ATTACH]

The image above is taken JUST BEFORE you start your backswing.

When you are at your final address BEFORE you start your backswing, your grip hand is quite some way forward.

This means that when you actually deliver the cue, you have only got a tiny amount of room before your grip hand hits your chest. This is also why, in order to get any follow through at all, you're having to drop your elbow, and even then, you haven't got a lot. Because you don't move your hips out of the way much in your stance, you're hitting your chest with the grip hand very early in the delivery, and steering round out of the way.

So, move your hand back as shown in the picture, so that it's pointing roughly straight down. This means, get down as normal, and then keep everything the same, but shuffle that grip hand back a bit. This will give you much more room to strike the white and follow through, before you hit your chest.

It will probably feel strange at first because you're changing your timing a bit, but because your grip hand is so far forward, I would definitely sort this problem, as it will be causing a lot of your cueing problems.

Hope that helps.
      watch this video, by the way... Terry on 2nd shot, the elbow goes to the right as my grip hits the chest.
      mid video on green (yellow to black clearance ) if you watch green specially, you can see the tip of the cue goes to the left , and i have seen my elbow during those shots, as soon as the grip hits the chest, the tip goes to the left, and the elbow also moves to my right /outside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47v0...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
        Ha! Ok. You're ok then. Good luck mate.
        lol why people think negative too quickly

watch this clip, you can clearly see that my eblow is much straighter here, and even on 1st video, except that shot you detected, which i am surprised and dont know how it might have happened, thats y i said maybe i played too quickly
        watch this video, by the way... Terry on 2nd shot, the elbow goes to the right as my grip hits the chest.
        mid video on green (yellow to black clearance ) if you watch green specially, you can see the tip of the cue goes to the left , and i have seen my elbow during those shots, as soon as the grip hits the chest, the tip goes to the left, and the elbow also moves to my right /outside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47v0...ature=youtu.be
        here you can see that i have much more room and the arm is straighter

Comment

You seem to be searching for perfection, the key to improving is find out what consistently works for you rather than picking out every tiny fault. The Coaching Questions section is the best place to find information or ask questions. If I was you I'd just concentrate on playing and keeping your mind clear from negative thinking.

Comment

I watched the go pro video. The yellow ball on the colour clearance it doesn't look to me like you put your head in the right place behind the shot/not aimed correctly then when you get down you are addressing the right hand side of the cue ball and then needed to put the cue back on the line when feathering.

Might be something to look at.

Comment

Originally Posted by dan_ormerod View Post
              I watched the go pro video. The yellow ball on the colour clearance it doesn't look to me like you put your head in the right place behind the shot/not aimed correctly then when you get down you are addressing the right hand side of the cue ball and then needed to put the cue back on the line when feathering.

Might be something to look at.
              this is exactly what i am thinking... can you suggest anything? what should i do to solve this issue?
              tnx

i mentioned earlier in my post that today i realized that i might be bringing the cue to the chest, can it be causing that issue u were talking about on yellow ball?

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                You seem to be searching for perfection, the key to improving is find out what consistently works for you rather than picking out every tiny fault. The Coaching Questions section is the best place to find information or ask questions. If I was you I'd just concentrate on playing and keeping your mind clear from negative thinking.
                i am not after perfection, i just miss all the time, not consistent at all, and hardly can make breaks. why people keep telling me that i am after perfection even my coach told me that.

i am trying to get better thats all. its been a very long time that i have made a 50 break. now that doesnt sound perfection

Comment

I think the point markz is trying to make is that your maybe crossing that line in to getting overly technical and overly mechanical with your game.
                  Believe me I'm a massive believer in correct technique among my friends who play some are naturally taught 100 breakers where I have been coached to the higher scoring levels they joke and call me the technician cos am really into the technical side of snooker but I am a fluent and confident player and potter to start off with my point to you is maybe you are questioning yourself too much and your game just isn't flowing cos your looking for all the answers in the technique and it is very important but ultimately we all play this game our own way and you have to just get on the table and pot some balls sometimes mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by highestbreak50 View Post
                    i am not after perfection, i just miss all the time, not consistent at all, and hardly can make breaks. why people keep telling me that i am after perfection even my coach told me that.

i am trying to get better thats all. its been a very long time that i have made a 50 break. now that doesnt sound perfection
                    Any player that's always trying to change technique will struggle as these basics need to be solid so when you're playing you don't have to think about them. All you have to do is focus on the shot and play the game. Over thinking has slowed down the progress of so many players. Keep it as simple as possible.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                      Any player that's always trying to change technique will struggle as these basics need to be solid so when you're playing you don't have to think about them. All you have to do is focus on the shot and play the game. Over thinking has slowed down the progress of so many players. Keep it as simple as possible.
                      Some good points there Markz.........I'll have to give that some thought.

Just kidding; I'm certainly guilty of not letting benefits sink in before I'm onto the next fix!

I think each person being coached should make a commitment to try the advice for a certain period of time but I guess we all get tempted to transgress and then you lose your way!
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

this is exactly what i am thinking... can you suggest anything? what should i do to solve this issue?
                        tnx

i mentioned earlier in my post that today i realized that i might be bringing the cue to the chest, can it be causing that issue u were talking about on yellow ball?
                        Just make sure your head is in the right place before getting down on the shot.

Yes I would say it would cause problems as you will have to get down on the shot differently than you normally would. Then you have to make your tip move from the right of the cueball to the centre, then you've probably took your eye of the pot and have so many things going through your mind so then 9 times of of 10 you are going to miss.

Nice clearance though.

Just make sure you are walking in on the correct line and forget about the cueing across for a while and do as marks and Derek P says and just keep potting balls.

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
                          I think the point markz is trying to make is that your maybe crossing that line in to getting overly technical and overly mechanical with your game.
                          Believe me I'm a massive believer in correct technique among my friends who play some are naturally taught 100 breakers where I have been coached to the higher scoring levels they joke and call me the technician cos am really into the technical side of snooker but I am a fluent and confident player and potter to start off with my point to you is maybe you are questioning yourself too much and your game just isn't flowing cos your looking for all the answers in the technique and it is very important but ultimately we all play this game our own way and you have to just get on the table and pot some balls sometimes mate.
                          the thing is that i played this game without coach for along time, now its been more than a year that i have been seeing a coach regularly every couple of months, had many bad habbits, and its getting better. so thats y i am keen to learn and aswell as enjoy. its not that i am after perfection but yeah ofcourse i want to be better. the real thing is that i am not even sure whats holding me back and i am not improving. for weeks i just ignore any thought and just play my game, but i dont see any difference or positive result.
                          tnx

Comment

Originally Posted by dan_ormerod View Post
                            Just make sure your head is in the right place before getting down on the shot.

Yes I would say it would cause problems as you will have to get down on the shot differently than you normally would. Then you have to make your tip move from the right of the cueball to the centre, then you've probably took your eye of the pot and have so many things going through your mind so then 9 times of of 10 you are going to miss.

Nice clearance though.

Just make sure you are walking in on the correct line and forget about the cueing across for a while and do as marks and Derek P says and just keep potting balls.
                            to be honest, for the past 1 year i have been working only on this, the thing you just mentioned. only been working on this and u still said i am offline, and yes you are right bcaz i can feel it when i am on shot
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wafKOsa8-M
                            i watched this clip of nic barrow many times, and followed every thing over and over , i did like 2000 just walk in to the shot. well ....

thank you for the suggestions

Comment

to be honest, for the past 1 year i have been working only on this, the thing you just mentioned. only been working on this and u still said i am offline, and yes you are right bcaz i can feel it when i am on shot
                              i watched this clip of nic barrow many times, and followed every thing over and over , i did like 2000 just walk in to the shot. well ....

heres one of the setup that i used it to just walked in
                              image1.JPG

Comment

It's not that you're walking in incorrectly, you do that well by the looks of it.

It's much more simple than that, your head just started off in the wrong place behind the shot on that yellow.

Just take an extra couple of seconds making sure you are walking in on the correct line.

It might have just been a one off though on that yellow.

Comment

Working...
                                X