No announcement yet.

Tip wear question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you all get a shiny and a non-shiny side of the ferrule as well? All the chalk dust seems to deaden the shine on one side of mine.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
      I have use done butt cues for year's as I've never liked the Greek of a cue with it on.
      So first cue I had made for me, was with a round butt and the same with any cue I've made myself.
      Do you always hold the cue in the same place with your round butted cue. Is your eye trained (subconsciously) to a particular part of the shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
        Do you always hold the cue in the same place with your round butted cue. Is your eye trained (subconsciously) to a particular part of the shaft
        No not at all and only reason I use to hold an ash the same way, was because I wanted to keep the butt or o my hand as best I could.
        Plus I prefer maple and cute I use now is beech.
        For that one you've always wanted...
        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
          No not at all and only reason I use to hold an ash the same way, was because I wanted to keep the butt or o my hand as best I could.
          Plus I prefer maple and cute I use now is beech.
          thats what i meant. your beech cue. do you hold it in the same place or hold anywhere because the butt is round

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
            I've noticed over the past year or so that my tips - bog standard Elks and occasionally an ADR SS - becomes a little more worn / mis-shaped / flatter towards the top of the tip, meaning the part of the tip at the top as I'm holding the cue in a playing position.

Is this normal? I guess it could imply I hit consistently below centre on the white to cause this uneven wear? Just guessing really. Any thoughts?

Thinking of changing it but I have an individuals comp fixture at the weekend so bothered about it being to close to a game.... is it worth a risk?
            Good Day, Cueman, I keep a small piece of sandpaper in my case I bend it in Four and then arch in to form a round shape and gently shape the tip back to a circular shape, i do this quite often, it also help to keep your chalk absorbed to the tip, you dont have to take mucsh off, just enough to put it back to right. Cheers
            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
              Good Day, Cueman, I keep a small piece of sandpaper in my case I bend it in Four and then arch in to form a round shape and gently shape the tip back to a circular shape, i do this quite often, it also help to keep your chalk absorbed to the tip, you dont have to take mucsh off, just enough to put it back to right. Cheers
              I usually use 400 grit for this.

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                Why not try a tip picker to remove all the compacted chalk as it doesn't reduce the tip size through sanding.
                Yoy could then skim with a light sandpaper to shape only when you really need to.
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  Why not try a tip picker to remove all the compacted chalk as it doesn't reduce the tip size through sanding.
                  Yoy could then skim with a light sandpaper to shape only when you really need to.
                  I have one of these as well, it works well to soften a hard tip and helps to keep chalk on tip... Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                    thats what i meant. your beech cue. do you hold it in the same place or hold anywhere because the butt is round
                    I don't hold it in the same place and it being round does help with that.
                    For that one you've always wanted...
                    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
                    X