Need Help on building Snooker table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on building Snooker table

I am from India, Wanted to build my own snooker table from the scratch. As the tables which i had seen here for purchase are either too costly and cannot offered or the worthy for the cost as most tables are are coming with colored black/brown finish and not natural wood finish, instead of slate marble / kadappa stone being used. I need specification on building each and every bit.
    Can some one guide - is there any book available

I need Design or spec for building
    Table - 12 * 6, Good slate, Steel cushions.

Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    I am from India, Wanted to build my own snooker table from the scratch. As the tables which i had seen here for purchase are either too costly and cannot offered or the worthy for the cost as most tables are are coming with colored black/brown finish and not natural wood finish, instead of slate marble / kadappa stone being used. I need specification on building each and every bit.

Do i need to post the question under different sub forum ?

Comment

nope this sub forum is fine; I am assume that no one has the information that you are after (or if they do, don't want to share )
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

https://ourpastimes.com/build-snooke...e-4680654.html

Here you go. Sounds like a piece of cake.

Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Cheers
        Oliver

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k6PdBkr4lnQ&t=48s
          H.b.142

Comment

Thanks, I need details like height, frame size etc

Comment

Originally Posted by ramesh View Post

Good luck with your project, it sounds like quite a challenge!

I have no real idea about the build template, but World Snooker don’t freely release pocket templates etc. So you may have to search around to get close.

Aside from that, you mention cost as a reason for building. Being realistic, I would imagine building your own will surley be more costly than buying and that is assuming you know what you’re doing in a workshop and have access to decent quality equipment. Not to mention storage space, as you will need somewhere to store the bits during the build process.

It is a cool challenge to attempt and if you manage to pull it off make sure you post some pictures here, but if you do it to save money alone make sure you’ve worked out your costs fully, as otherwise you may be disappointed. Here in the UK, intuiatively it would seem even if someone had the skills and space to build, it would still be tough to complete the project for less than the cost of a decent second hand table. That said of course you said table availability is difficult where you are, so maybe it is more feasible.

As an alternative have you considered importing from UK or Chinese manufacturers?

Comment

I can only give you the dimensions of the table as per the rules, anything I have no information of
                (a) Dimensions
                The playing area within the cushion faces shall measure 11ft 8½in x 5ft 10in (3569mm x 1778mm) with a tolerance on both dimensions of +/- ½in (+/- 13mm).
                (b) Height
                The height of the table from the floor to the top of the cushion rail shall be from 2ft 9½in to 2ft 10½in (851mm to 876mm).

The rails are 39mm high above the playing surface of the table.

Comment

I do have some pocket template images with dimensions; if you get PM (over 10 posts and a bit of patience ) and send me your email I will send them to you

yep, good luck and take photos of the progress
                  as mentioned, in the UK there are so many old tables around that prices are low; any in India?

Comment

Thanks Oliver, I understand it's not a piece of cake, I can take few information from the article you shared, I need more technical information

Comment

I got what you are saying, I am getting quotes around RS 225,000 approx 3000 us$ for 12*6 tables , made of beach wood, kadapa stone instead of slates, steel cushion, etc,. And have only couple of sellers around, if people can help me with size spec etc I am ready to risk this for 1/2 the price

Comment

As I mentioned previously the quality of old tables which I saw was not worth the price
                        1 the wood I need Polish finish with nice grains, where I am getting painted one
                        2 slate , not available, only kdapa stone or marble

Comment

Google search for snooker table blueprint and check out images. That will give you links to hundreds of detailed plans and sections. You'll have to sift through a lot to get a good idea, but the main dimensions and joinery profiles are all there.

Comment

for the past few month i had been collecting the data in bits and piece - thanks for the information

Comment

Working...
                            X