Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aramith 1g set question

Hi guys,

I was measuring the weight of my set and noticed every ball in my set is within 1g of 140grams except the cue ball. The cue ball was around 130 (10grams lower).

I am thinking my cue ball was probably switched at my local club while playing.

No problems going back and just taking a cue ball thats closer to my weighted ball from the club....

Just curious as to whether the cueball should be within 1gram as well? and any benefits playing with a lighter or heavier cueball?

Couldn't find anything on this online.

Thanks,

AJ

They should all be the same weight.

I think the Aramith Premier sets were 128grams +/-3 so you've probably ended up with a switched white from one of those sets.

Comment

Yes your cue ball has been switched. That's a shame. Cue ball should be within 1g of the rest of the balls in the set.

Comment

Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
        ..... and any benefits playing with a lighter or heavier cueball? ......
        With a lighter cueball you find it easier to screw back, but you are not playing proper snooker !!

Comment

Thanks guys - I figured. I think someone has taken my set and switched out the balls as well as they seem darker than normal to me.

I'm back at the club Thursday and will get to the bottom of this! I knew something was wrong!

Comment

If you leave your balls in the club its a recipe for disaster! People will borrow them and get them all mixed up.

Comment

I take them home at the end 100%; but in between frames we go for smokes etc and take mini breaks. It happened during that time.

I just have to be more careful going forward.

Comment

I take them home at the end 100%; but in between frames we go for smokes etc and take mini breaks. It happened during that time.

That's shocking!! Can't believe they would do that whilst your using them. Sad times.

Comment

where do you play AJ

Comment

There are no real benefits in a light white to snooker players. As Jrc said easier to screw back but it's harder to judge the distance on that shot. The worst thing is when going into the reds off the black the white sticks to the pack more, so a real minus point.

When you go back to your club take your electronic scales it's easy to find the difference in weight. Your 1 g's should all be around 140g.

Main difference in colours is the pink is more "salmon" coloured and the blue has an aquamarine tone instead of deep blue.

I believe Chesworth cues sell 1g cue balls and you can choose 140, 141, 142 etc to get a good match. Might be able to buy odd single reds and colours too, but not certain on that.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I'm pretty sure Thurstons sell all the colours as singles and will match weight for you.

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                        I'm pretty sure Thurstons sell all the colours as singles and will match weight for you.
                        Hopefully just the white needs replaced. Can be expensive if you need to replace a few.

Comment

Don't waste time replacing the odd ball, it's a fruitless endeavour.

It's not that the folks in your club are being malicious, they probably just don't realise what they're doing and think that you can switch balls between sets.

A decent player can spot when a ball is wrong within a set at pool or snooker within a couple of frames... If it's the white, you can spot that within the first couple of shots.

Remember, a set of balls that is used regularly is ****ed after a year or two anyway.

Not cheap to replace, but if you want the best playing experience, it's necessary.

Comment

Originally Posted by AmarZain View Post
                            where do you play AJ
                            At mikes - Calgary, AB Canada

Comment

I figured it out - wasn't malicious at all. My buds and I tend to leave our cues/balls on the table usually to go grab a bite nearby and comeback and we haven't had an issue in years.

Another bud of mine has a 1 g set (older) and it got mixed up. This friend of mine likes light cueballs and when he was playing with me last time he switched the cue ball and forgot to replace it back.

Cheeky as he didn't tell me!

anyway i found another cue ball 139grams....and the rest of the balls are around 139.6 to 140.4 so I m good with that.

My set is good for now!

Comment

Working...
                              X