No announcement yet.

Snooker Sucess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive always found when i'm playing well and scoring high, my mind is always clear.

You must practice and find a way of thinking of one thing and one thing only **nothing**

Thant is my personal thought anyway.

Comment

Going back to the original question, I seriously doubt you have the time or ability to make it to the top, or even scraping a living on the pro circuit. You really need to be playing regularly and have a sound cue action and understanding of the game at 14/15 years old. Most top pros would have started playing anything between 6-9 years old on average and most would have made at least a century break by 13-14 years of age.

Thats not to say its impossible to be a natural and develope very quickly at the game. You are pretty much just starting out and without having a coach and really working on your game it will probably take you at least 18 months to 2 years before you stand any chance of making a century break. Even then its no guarantee you would be good enough to play on the pro circuit or stand a chance to qualify as there are literally 100's of very talented youngsters all trying to make the grade up and down the country.

I don't wish to make you disheartened but I feel you need to have some idea of what you are up against. Practice is key, dedication is really important and having the ability is most important of all. Without a high amount of either of those you can forget any chance of reaching the top.

Comment

I don't really think im cut out to be a top, player ... played yesturday and got a highest break of 9 lol

But i still want to play in a league at my local snooker club

You never know maybe i'll get really good

I just enjoy playing and i think credit must be givin to the professionals as they make it look so easy

Comment

Yes in time I'm sure you will improve and be good enough to play amatuer league and competitive snooker. Most people, us mortals anyway, play the game for enjoyment only, if you are ultra competitive or have a talent for the game by all means try and go as far as you can but enjoying it is the most important part.

I think all pros should be given credit for the amount of dedication and practice they put into their games. If they played as much as the average person in a local club they would struggle to make 100 breaks regularly. It only looks easy because they put so much concentration and effort that the position and pots look easy.

Comment

Yeah, of course we should give them credit, but in a way I also see them as extremely lucky to have the opportunity to practice so much. If I only had a table in my town or could afford a table of my own I would be practicing 24/7 too...

And again I think anyone can be good at snooker if you possess the desire to play and practice... I don't think it's ever to late to start playing if only you are ready to use your time on it...

Comment

Had a good idea ! Instead of getting pocket money or allowence i coulld go to the snooker room and parents can pay for me to practise !

What do you think ?

Comment

yeah to have full size table you need a bit of room coz of the size
                but i cant coz of little rooms .

Comment

Hi.....

Read throught the forum and surprised to see members of isnnoker here too.Well,tho I dont ereally know you guys and gals personally.....glade to see u guys here too.
                  Cheers and Happy Snookering

--TheCueMaster--

Comment

Working...
                  X