Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draw

I am thinking about reorganizing our club league. It has groups of eight playing round robin and it allows draws (2-2). A player suggested playing best of five instead. This, -so he said-, would increase the motivation (there is always a winner), and the pros never have draws. However, I do not see any difference in motivation, because it is even more difficult to win three frames out of four than out of five. As to the pros, I have noticed, that the Malta Cup round robins is also played best of six.

What speaks for the draws IMO is that it allows for more distinction in the results: There being more diversity in points scored.

I would like to know what you think on this subject, and how your own house league is organised?
    Ten reds and not a colour...

Just have a decider if it goes to 2-2.

Then instead of the winner taking, for example, 3 points for the win. If it is a 3-2 the winner gets 2 points and the loser 1.

That way you can still earn a point if you make it to 2-2!

Comment

Our league has the best of six, with a point for each frame won. Depending on how many players you have in your team, one player can play two frames, though not consecutively, unless there is agreement between the two captains.
      This was bought in a couple of years ago, as some teams were struggling to find 5 players.
      You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

I think it's better just to leave draw(1 point for each)
        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Interesting advice so far. Thank you Looking forward to Malta Cup & see the round robin results. I think a draw is sometimes the natural outcome of a match and it fits when playing in groups instead of the usual knock out scheme.
          Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Working...
          X