Hi Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Again

My apologies on starting another newbie thread but my previous question seemed to go unanswered so I am going to try again.

I am currently in the process of constructing a snooker room at the rear of my garden to house a 10ft by 5ft table. Does anybody have any experiences with this size table? and does anybody else have their own table with any experiences they could share?

Thanks for reading!

Table considerations

People are probably not replying because most have full-sized snooker tables which are 12 X 6.

Either way it doesn't matter what size your table is. Just make sure that when you construct room, the size should not only be large enough to house the table, but also to allow players to take their shots without being hampered. Make sure that the floor is also level, if not you can insert things under the legs of the table to make it level.

Good luck!

Comment

only that a pub in sheffield called the Pomona that I used to drink in had one, think it's converted into 2 pool tables now though, we used to really enjoy playing on it and having the chance to play snooker rather that a £1 a pop for a 60 second game of pool.
      One guy I played with said his home club had one and they called it a ba*t*rd table. It played really well and could probably have been a really good way to help juniors progress from their 6x3 tables at home, through to the full size tables that can tend to mash their heads in by initially being too big for them. But they'd be thrown out of the pub I guess!
      Once you've installed it, make sure you get a cover and look after it well as the cost to recover it may be similar to it's larger cousin. (We're paying £357 per match table in our club soon). You can't bruish a table too much, but you only need iron it twice a week - a nap block is useful for bedding the fibres back down after brushing.
      Another option could be to buy a 'convertible' which can be used not only as a snooker table, but with various mechanisms and design, it can be transformed into a dining table if the room needs to be multipurpose; or it helps justifying having a whole room dedicated to a snooker table room to your partner!

http://www.hamiltonbilliards.com/tab...ng_tables.html

What are the internal dimensions of the extension you're building to house it btw?

(Also, maybe if this was in the Snooker Questions Forum it might get more attention, but as the Mods have seemingly 'gone fishing' it might stay here for a while)
      Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

snooker room

Originally Posted by hammer05
        My apologies on starting another newbie thread but my previous question seemed to go unanswered so I am going to try again.

I am currently in the process of constructing a snooker room at the rear of my garden to house a 10ft by 5ft table. Does anybody have any experiences with this size table? and does anybody else have their own table with any experiences they could share?

Thanks for reading!
        well i am no expert but it is recommended that you have 3 to 4 foot of space each side of the table so you can cue freely, i think someones already mentioned it, but i advise buying some sort of cover to protect the table

also if you are serious about keeping the table in tip top condition it might be worth buying a proper snooker table brush so you can keep the table clean i guess the don't cost that much

good luck anyway
        old enough to know whats its all about, too old to actually do it.....

Comment

posting relocation candidate again sonny (like the quote saying that most people have a full size table!)
          Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

I saw that too, I'm thinking "fu*k how cool would that be if it's commonplace to have your own full size".

Comment

Working...
            X