Malta Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malta Open

Can anyone tell me if there will be a tournament in Malta in the 2008/9 season and, if so, the dates. I understand they may have downgraded it from a ranking event to an invitational but don't know if it is scheduled in for the coming season.

don't think there will be any info until a few month into the new season.. the tournament is facing hard times with lots of things including sponsorship and worldsnooker in particular. i think it retains its invitational status for the next season, if at all.

Comment

Pointless tournament. Especially if it's going to be in the week before of Welsh Open (which happens to be a ranking event...) like it was this year.

Comment

I dont think its pointless...it promotes snooker in malta and gives players a bit of practice for the welsh open in a less serious atmosphere and competition. I doubt it will become a ranking event again and i do think that there should be a tournament like this (but ranking!) in germany or somewhere like that to promote snooker over there....However i dont think the malta cup can get sponsors and im not sure it will be held this season :snooker:

EDIT: Its the Malta CUP not open!
        2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Comment

People have got it in to theire mind if its not Ranking its pointless........

the majority of tournaments won by Steve Davis in the 80s during snookers "GOLDEN AGE" wasent Ranking....

The UK Championship was for the first 7 years of its life a Invertational to UK Citisens only and carried no Ranking Points...

Comment

Many thanks for your opinions as to whether it is a worthwhile tournament or not. I would just like to know where I can find out whether it is going to be held or not next year as i am looking to book a holiday and would like to get it at the same time. Many thanks

Comment

The Malta Cup was not announced until November last year - I would say it will be the same this year IF it's happening at all.
              Hope it is - I had a brilliant time in February and will definitely be going again if it's on...
              "The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;
              but the greatest of these is Spirit." Ken Doherty

Comment

Working...
              X