burwat champion disc badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burwat champion disc badge?

Hi all this is my first post ,ive just been looking at a burwat champion cue and it has a second disc badge on it saying something about snooker champion, looks like the older version not ebony.
    Do you think its a repro or something as i have never seen a disc badge on a champion before?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by burwatchampion; 29 July 2008, 12:31 PM.

Ive seen another cue on ebay the item number is 180270767625 is it the second edition ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by burwatchampion; 30 July 2008, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Hello do i smell or something ?

Comment

Originally Posted by burwatchampion View Post
        Ive seen another cue on ebay the item number is 180270767625 is it the second edition ?
        You may be right this one has the look of a 2nd edition having the tulipwood front splice, there is also a 3rd edition but the badge is more rounded and i don't think they have a tulipwood front splice, and its not a 1st edition, which usually has a rosewood front splice, there are also some interim editions.

Very difficult to tell from photos sometimes it could also be a very good replica, would need to see a good close up of the base of the butt to see if it has a square or other type of peg, and a pic of the weight stamp would be helpful.

Comment

Looks like Macasser Ebony butt and not tulip wood splice. Probabley a third or interim.

Deff not an early one they have rosewood butts with a satin wood inlay and a rosewood front splice.
          Seonds are like the one on buewatchampions pics: Ebony butt, satin wood inlay and tulip front splice.
          Third editions have a front splice which was Cocobolo wood.

I can't see it being a replica, you never know though. Probably worth a similar amout if it is a replica.

Comment

Made me think it might be a replica due to the colour of the letterig on the badge, the ones i have are all quite dark/black lettering although they can fade over time, the seller seems to have good feedback for cues so shouldn't be a problem ( always hard to tell from pics unless really good close ups )
            But as you say if its a replica will probably fetch as much money and probably play better modern shaft for modern game, most originals were to whippy to be great playing cues although all down to personal preference of course.

Comment

So looking at previous threads both might be worth about the same £150-250 depending on condition etc?
              Oh and thanks for the replys

Comment

Here's the best pic they gave of the first cue:
                Attached Files

Comment

Just to let you know i ended up buying the third edition one.
                  The disc badge says Disley golf club snooker champion 1951

Comment

Working...
                  X