Snooker Balls. polishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Balls. polishing.

Hi i'm aware that it is essential to polish snooker balls (aramith t c sets). Although there seems to be some confusion as to the correct procedure. What i do is polish the entire set with Mr Sheen,Pledge etc... except the cueball. I tend to wash this with soapy water to degrease it, then give it a good old rinse until its squeaky clean. Is this correct? bearing in mind that the cueball is now very different characteristically. I've heard people say that tournament sets are all polished including the cueball (not degreased!). If this is true this changes the way the game is played dramatically. Does anyone know what happens at say Pontins, or Professional venues? :snooker: :snooker: :snooker:
    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

What you should do is just wash all the balls once a week in clean, hot soapy water (not Fairy Liquid, as you get the squeeky clean effect). After that you can get the Aramith Cleaning Cloth, or a similar product, and put a bit of Aramith Ball Cleaner onto the cloth, and wipe the balls with it. They will be nice and clean and polished! Also what you can do is if the weather is cold, get a tub of very hot (clean) water and put all the balls in the snooker set inside the tub below the water and it makes them warm so they run better and also your hands don't cool down when re-spotting them, the colder your hands, the less feel and touch you have.

You can also get Aramith Ball Restorer too. If you don't use these products I have mentioned, then you may be using a product that may be fine to use, but you can never be surer that you would be using the proper snooker ball cleaner for that purpose.

www.aramith.com

I hope this helps,

bongo

Comment

Don't ever use Mr Sheen or the like on your snooker balls...or any other balls for that matter. lol
      All you'll get with Mr Sheen and stuff like that, are kicks and more kicks and you won't be able to wait until they're dirty again.
      Use the Aramith ball cleaner. Its a top product.

Comment

When I refereed at Wellingborough a few years ago, we used a propriety ball claeaner (name escapes me). Yet at Prestatyn a couple of years ago, we just 'cleaned' the balls using our gloves.

I would also recommend that you only wash the balls in warm soapy water and NOT use Mr Pledge or a similar product.
        You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Years ago i was to play match in a certain posh golf club, a note was left for the bar steward to clean the table and ball, the table was done perfect when he tucked into the ball with bleach and hot water. The balls were lets say a bit to clean (faded).

Comment

I have cleaned the balls in bleach, and well.....let's just say dont try it if it was your own set.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Mr Sheen that's got to be a joke!
              Nothing to add, buy some ball cleaner and wash you balls in it.

Comment

just try a bowl of soapy water dry them with a clean tea towel then just buff them up with a clean duster ??????

Comment

Personally, I've never washed my balls I've only ever cleaned them with a rough duster and they're still as good as new.
                  Hey, why's it say 'member' under my name? Are the mods calling me a penis or something!!?

Comment

ok here are a couple of things for you to try and trust me i have tried everything!. for reg cleaning use glasses cleaner - solution 30 is good, when they really need a good clean, nail varnish remover or acetone
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      ok here are a couple of things for you to try and trust me i have tried everything!. for reg cleaning use glasses cleaner - solution 30 is good, when they really need a good clean, nail varnish remover or acetone
                      Nail varnish remover on your balls ...........

Comment

Originally Posted by platt View Post
                        Nail varnish remover on your balls ...........
                        yes - don't smoke!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Do not do what the last captain of our team did and decided to put them in the dishwasher! Hence we now have a new set of Aramith balls and i keep them
                          sigpic <---New Website
                          Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

a little off topic but what balls do you recommend are there a load of different types and make's and how much would a set be, am interested in buying a set for our league games as our best set are some what pitted slightly
                            So it's Rorschach and Prozac and everything is groovy
                            World Masters - Lucky Dip 2011 winner
                            World Championship-Lucky Dip 2011 winner
                            Snooker island July 2011 - Australian Open prediction comp winner
                            http://www.leaguesnooker.co.uk/

Comment

Aramith Tournament Champions.
                              ADR147 or Bitter should be able to sell you a set?

Comment

Working...
                              X