Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Respectable level before walking into a snooker club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respectable level before walking into a snooker club?

Hi, I'm new to the game, only a couple of weeks playing. I have managed a couple of breaks in the 30s, high of 34, but generally not potting more than four balls in a row....

I have a snooker table at work but struggle for opponents...will I likely be mocked if I go into my local snooker club with my mediocre skills?

dont worry about it!!!
    everybody started at the bottom (im still there lol), to be honest you will only get better with plenty of practise and playing better opponents
    bite the bullet i bet you meet some cracking people .....
    http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

just go & enjoy playing new players, it should only take a few minutes for you to find someone to play, above all ,have fun
      don't miss!

Comment

Originally Posted by flint34 View Post

will I likely be mocked if I go into my local snooker club with my mediocre skills?
        NO, NO, NO!!!!! I think this is in the top 5 faults for beginners (of people who think they are).

You will just laugh when you see players in some clubs!!!

To stop me going on a rant, I will stop now, the answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the game, only a couple of weeks playing. I have managed a couple of breaks in the 30s, high of 34, but generally not potting more than four balls in a row....
          You just described me !! but I got 34 twice . Been playing for a year though
          "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo

Comment

You see all different levels in the clubs, from can't hold a cue right up to some of the pro's, go for it mate:snooker:
            After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going to take the plunge tomorrow

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going to take the plunge tomorrow
                There isn't any plunge, I think you will be very surprised at the levels of players in clubs, 30 break standard is very good and I cannont understand why you are worried, is it some clubs with a load of pros? Just look at Rileys, almost all the players are really bad with the exception of a few, all the serious players go to a quiet place, it doesn't mean they are very good.

Stop worrying!!

P.S - With only a few weeks playing, a 30 + break already is very good indeed.

Comment

There are players of all standards out there, being able to make a break of 30 odd is probably about an overall average of most players in snooker clubs. Of course there are some very good players but they are good because they are interested in their own game, not looking at the ability of other players and mocking them. Don't worry about it, just play and better still pick a table where you aren't playing next to someone if it worries you.

Comment

If you walked into a club and ronnie o'sullivan was on the next table do you think he'd laugh at you and point. (ok maybe ronnie isnt the best exqample but you know what i mean)

Ppl wont and if they do because you play a "bad" shot then just laugh with them. (Secure in the knowledge that they are idiots haha)

Overall, enjoy your game, monitor your results and watch the improvement. Its a difficult enough game without outside interferences.
                    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

i worked in a club for six years, i never had a break of 30+ but niether did lot of our customers. if i could get 30+ breaks after only paying a short time you wouldn't keep me out of a club.
                      Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                      X