3x the same red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3x the same red

as far as I know it is allowed touch the same red only 3 times in a row, correct (of course only if there's more than one left)? now if this red could be pocketed with the forth touch, could this be done or not? (I assume not, but...)

Are you under the impression that you are only allowed to play the same red 3 times in a row (say, in a safety exchange)?

There is no such rule.

Comment

Isn't that a billiards rule?

Comment

geez, yes, I was told so... shame on me. thanks anyway, this is solved then.

Comment

In billiards the red is only allowed to be potted twice off the black spot before going up on the blue spot where it can be potted once before returning to the black spot. And so the cycle continues.
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, I don't play billiards but I was aware there was some sort of limitation on playing the red.

Comment

I think it was Bongo who once clarified even further saying that potting the red which was not placed on the black spot but rather rolled on to it as a result of a previous shot is not considered as "potting off the black spot".
              "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo

Comment

Working...
              X