Assembling a full size snooker table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembling a full size snooker table

I've had a full size table for some time (in pieces) and am finally ready to put it together. All the table parts have been sitting in my house but the slate has been stacked outside so is a bit grubby and damp.

I've assembled the legs and frame to the point that the slate has to go on.

A few questions for those in the know:
    - Can I do the slate and the rest of the table myself (assuming I can get enough bodies to lift it) or should I get a professional in?
    - If I can do it myself - can someone point me to any 'how to' guide on-line?
    - If the answer is to get in a professional, can anyone recommend where I can get a list of people I can contact?
    - Should I bring the slate indoors for a while to 'dry out' before putting on the table?

Thanks for your help.

i owned my own table before i moved house get a pro to fit it there are plenty around where do you live?

Comment

I live in Scotland just south of Edinburgh.

Cheers.

Comment

I gave an answer in the other thread you made:

1. You're a lucky git to have a full size table and room enough for it!!
        2. If I was you, I'd definitely go with a professional:

Alliance Snooker offer assembly services: http://www.alliancesnooker.com/services.php

I'm sure there are others around, have a good Google!

Hope that helps?
        Mobo: GA-P35-S3
        CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
        GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
        RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
        Sound: Audigy 4

Comment

i managed to installed a snooker table with afrend didnt have a problem
          Last edited by garysnooker; 13 January 2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
            i managed to installed a snooker table with afrend didnt have a problem
            Any tips?

Procedure/order and so on?

How did you go about levelling the table?

Comment

Thanks DF76. I'll have a look at their site. Yeah - kinda lucky I guess although if I don't get the table up quickly the wife will have plans for the room!

Comment

Hi Gary - same question as nugget - was it straightforward enough to level the table etc.? Ta.

Comment

i m not a table fitter the way we done it was to level the frame first then put beeawex on top of the beams were the slates sit on we slide the slates together then we used car body filler to fill the gaps in the slates as for level a bilders level is useless we used a engineering level but if you havent got a engineering level rolling the ball up and down the table is a good way to tell were to put the packing like i said im no table fitter but its been in my shed for about 17 years and had a lot of use and sill ok

Comment

its been a long time since my fitting days but what i remember is once the frame is assembled get it levelled then drop the 5 slates on, fill the joints then do a final re-level, there is a procedure to the levelling but cant remember how its done.

neil

Comment

Working...
                    X