Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which members depth of knowledge do you appreciate most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which members depth of knowledge do you appreciate most?

Just thought that I'd start a little discussion about the various members of the site and who's advice or comments you appreciate most. I'll start, I like to read Moglets comments, I think he has a good knowledge of tables and equipment and is very helpful and easy to understand.
    Also just like to give a little mention to 100-uper as well for the same reasons.
    Last edited by cueman; 8 January 2009, 09:05 PM.

i'd have mentiuoned 100 uper too.

I'd also mention a member called Circle who has an amazing knowledge of the less than famous main tour players. I just found this contribution as an example taken from the thread about the more obcsure players

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...t=13104&page=9

"Sean Storey was involved in the highest aggregate frame score when he played Graham Cripsey in the 1992 asian open quallifiers, 93-92. He is also the only player to make 2 competitive 147s in the same day (1997) His highest pro break is 145.

He was also the first player to beat Ronnie as a pro and ended rons run of 38 matches in 1992"

Another mention would of course go to The Statman.
    Last edited by dannyd0g; 8 January 2009, 09:25 PM.
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

1. The Stateman, regarding the rules and such.
      2. Trevor white, and Mike Wooldridge, regarding cues, and Mike also for his great sense of humor.
      3. Bongo, regarding links and other info.
      4. Ball run, regarding his willingness to share his knowledge on the game, and the tour.
      5. Kevy (I think that was his handle but not too sure), regarding his input on the game, which has really helped me.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I'm just pleased we have so many members with great knowledge in all areas across the board with pretty much every subject covered well, so very difficult to single out a member in particular.
        I like reading most members comments whatever there knowledge, afterall thats what a forums all about.
        That said i find Trevs posts excellent, he goes to alot of trouble to explain things clearly & in great detail, and what's also nice to see is despite his cue making talents writes unbiased posts without the self promotion........
        Last edited by CueAntW147; 8 January 2009, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Monique..RocketRoy1982, Spike, Trevs1, ADR147, Statman, bongo, coachgavin, toxic, Stedee and too many more including one or two new people///they all know more than I ever could ....

Put them all together and you would have a charming, funny, but polite player, that makes a 147 and a new cue before tea time and knows everything there is about snooker, can teach everything to anyone and can sell sand to an arab.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
            Monique..RocketRoy1982, Spike, Trevs1, ADR147, Statman, bongo, coachgavin, toxic, Stedee and too many more including one or two new people///they all know more than I ever could ....

Put them all together and you would have a charming, funny, but polite player, that makes a 147 and a new cue before tea time and knows everything there is about snooker, can teach everything to anyone and can sell sand to an arab.

Thanks 1lawyer but youve just made me a year older lol
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

ADR147 - There is nothing he does not know about cues and the in's and out's of the cue business.
              100-uper - That man is just unbelieveable. The bible of everything that has happened in the snooker industry.
              Statman - Well name says it all.
              Mike Wooldridge - For saying how things really are.
              Noel - For his humour value alone does it for me.
              Poolqjunkie - For a great knowledge in many things regarding snooker. Maybe not the most knowledge, but its nice to see someone from over the pond with a good healthy interest.
              sigpic <---New Website
              Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

I love hearing from all members from all backgrounds.
                Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

I agree......feel i should also give Monique & Blondie a mention, always nice, well written posts from both.........

Comment

Well it was sutcliffe, but after all the shenanigans that recently went on i just dont know now.. ha ha ha
                    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Bongo: he's helped me so much with snooker questions, about the game, care for the table and about accessories.
                      Mobo: GA-P35-S3
                      CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
                      GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
                      RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
                      Sound: Audigy 4

Comment

can I say Keith Auld???
                        :snooker::snooker::snooker::snooker:

Comment

If I can say Wity!

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                            Thanks 1lawyer but youve just made me a year older lol
                            and i'm only here for comic effect really
                            Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by stephen23 View Post
                              can I say Keith Auld???
                              :snooker::snooker::snooker::snooker:
                              Of course you can, Keith Alud let you knew what is the MASTER cuemaker

Comment

Working...
                              X