Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of Frank Cox Billiard Table Manufacturer

Hello,

I hope this thread isn't construed as a subtle advertisement because it certainly isn't the case. My name is Tony and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

I have in my possession a 12 foot X 6 1/2 foot Snooker table for which I'm trying to ascertain its history and worth as I'm moving house and can't take it with me. There is a plaque on it that states that it was "Reconditioned and Renovated by Frank Cox Billiard Table Manufacturer" (151 Earls Road Southampton Tel: Southampton 55120). I've tried doing a search for this name but I believe the company is no longer operating. Written on the slates under the table are the names "Talbert Park Club" and "Cochrane Sales". The person I bought the table from told me that this table sat in a hotel that was bombed during the war, after which it was reconditioned and renovated and shipped off to Australia.

I apologise in advance if I've chosen the wrong forum for this thread.

I would appreciate it if somebody could provide me with some information or direction on this matter.

Thank you.

Good luck Tony, hope it's worth a ton of cash and there's nice surprise at the end of your search. (like the hotel was the venue of a world billiard final and people have been looking all over the world for the table.... you never know)

God forbid I used up too much time on this thread Ferret!
    Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Thanks

Thank you reverse_side.

Comment

I have an old Frank Cox cue, machine spliced. Does anyone know anything about this guy?
        Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

Originally Posted by Tony Dos View Post

I have in my possession a 12 foot X 6 1/2 foot Snooker table for which I'm trying to ascertain its history and worth as I'm moving house and can't take it with me. There is a plaque on it that states that it was "Reconditioned and Renovated by Frank Cox Billiard Table Manufacturer" (151 Earls Road Southampton Tel: Southampton 55120).
          Does the plate look like the picture below?

Comment

Sorry, need to read the instructions for incuding pictures. Back when I figure it out.

Comment

Hopefully this will work ...

Comment

Hi Tony. My name is Andy Cox. Frank Cox, the snooker/billiard table manufacturer was my great grandfather. I still have some cues of his, several Billiard medals he won and a bagatelle table which I used to play on when I was i child.
                Cant really help with a valuation on the table, but I know a little about some of the history. I know this post is a little late but hope it helps anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X