Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touching Ball

Hi All.
    ​​​​​​Today I had an argument with my opponent.
    The cue ball was touched by a red ball (Ball-On) and I pot another red ball without moving touched ball. is it a foul?
    what's the result?
    ​​​​​​

If, when you came to the table, the cue ball was touching a red, then, to play a legal stroke, you have to play away from that red without it moving (unless it moves simply because of a defect in the table). Provided you play away then there is no requirement to play any other ball, since you are deemed to have made contact a ball on by virtue of the touching ball. However, that also means that you can play into a colour or another red, and any red potted by doing so is part of a legal stroke and will score one point.
    Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

No it's not as explained above because it would be a push shot if the red your touching moves. I guess if that red ball is then is disturbed later in the shot by any other ball including the cue ball that's fine. I guess also you could play away against a cushion and come back and hit the ball you were touching with the cue ball. I might be wrong.
        Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Jim View Post
          No it's not as explained above because it would be a push shot if the red your touching moves.
          As described above by LondonLad, it is a Foul if the touching-ball moves because of the strike of the player.
          It is NOT a Foul if it is deemed to have moved because of something else, such as a worn spot or a divot in the baize, most often the ball moves towards where the cue ball was before the strike.
          Sec 3.8 Touching Ball
          (f) It is not a foul if the referee is satisfied that any movement of a touching ball at the moment of striking was not caused by the striker..

I guess if that red ball is then is disturbed later in the shot by any other ball including the cue ball that's fine.
          Once the strike is done (moving the cue ball away from the touching ball) then that is ok for the "touching ball" to be contacted by any ball, even the cue ball.

I guess also you could play away against a cushion and come back and hit the ball you were touching with the cue ball. I might be wrong.
          Not wrong here, as previously said once the strike has been done and the cue ball moves away from the touching ball and say comes back, that is fine.

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Fab, I'm right once in a while...
            Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X