Baize height from floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baize height from floor

Hi, I've asked this before but I can't find it on here and after searching the web for half an hour I've given up. Everyone in the world wants to talk about the rail height, the rubber height etc etc. Please put me out of my misery; what is the height from the floor to the playing surface - the baize sitting on the slate, please? Thank you already.:snooker:
    Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

as you probably found out the official height of the "top of the rail" is in the rules at 2ft 10in with a tolerance of +/- 0.5in (13mm).
    the height of the rail above the cloth is 39mm
    so the height of the cloth would be just over 1.5in lower than the rail at 2ft 8.5" +/- 0.5in (ish)
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cheers, I've taken a screen shot! I'm going to start practising smooth straight line cueing and I want to take the surface of the dining room table up to regulation (with plywood or summink):snooker:

Comment

Let me just go out and measure my table...

Ah yes, 815mm exactly from floor to playing surface!

Might have a quick go while I’m here :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
          Let me just go out and measure my table...

Ah yes, 815mm exactly from floor to playing surface!

Might have a quick go while I’m here :snooker:
          Show off

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Jim View Post
            Cheers, I've taken a screen shot! I'm going to start practising smooth straight line cueing and I want to take the surface of the dining room table up to regulation (with plywood or summink):snooker:
            Try your ironing board Jim, Mine comes in at 2'9" ( opened up ) so good enough to practice on.

Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

What is an ironing board?
              王可

Comment

Working...
              X