X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by snookersfun
    ROUND ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-THREE

... anyone?
    Oh, go on then, just one more (at least for now)…

I’ve just finished the most hilarious frame of snooker against my pet chimpanzee Charlie. The only shot he played in the entire frame was the break off – hahaha! I pocketed all 15 reds (but never the black)! In fact, the black didn’t move during the whole frame (actually, I never nominated black or even touched it)! Nor did I foul at any point on any of the other colours - yellow, green, brown, blue or pink – all of which I potted at the end of the frame (after having potted the 15th red, of course, followed by a pink). Oh, and I never fouled when red was the ball on either. Yet the cheeky chimp still beat me!

How did Charlie manage that?
    "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
    David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

• you kept going in-off, or fouling when potting a red and Cheeky Chimp kept putting you back in ???

Comment

• Well you potted the first red, then nominated pink. You missed it and potted a red instead. Charlie asked you to replay ... and you did t again ... until exhaustion of the stock of reds. You then finally succeeded.
        You then potted all colours except black! When you tried that one you missed it and went in-off
        At that point in time the referee recovered enough of the fit of giggles that prevented him to intervene (and announce any foul ...) in any understandable way, and he putted an end to the frame
        Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
        http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

• the black was not on the the table throughout the frame.
          My deep screw shot
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

• For some strange reason you forgot to pot colours with the reds, and Charlie picking up on that put you back in happily
            so each pair of reds would yield one point for you and a 7 point foul for your opponent (you were not really on a red at that time).
            After 14 reds +7 you vs. 49 Charlie.
            red pink yellow...pink (27 points) bring you to 34 points only, so Charlie is still ahead and with only the black left no way to catch up.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cyril
              you kept going in-off, or fouling when potting a red and Cheeky Chimp kept putting you back in ???
              No - remember "...I never fouled when red was the ball on either".
              David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Monique

Well you potted the first red, then nominated pink. You missed it...
                No - remember "...Nor did I foul at any point on any of the other colours - yellow, green, brown, blue or pink".

Comment

• Originally Posted by sunny3909
                  the black was not on the the table throughout the frame.
                  Well - nice idea - but it has to be on the table at the start, otherwise it's just not snooker

Comment

At that point in time the referee recovered enough of the fit of giggles that prevented him to intervene (and announce any foul ...) in any understandable way, and he putted an end to the frame
                    LOL... Hahaha

Comment

For some strange reason you forgot to pot colours with the reds, and Charlie picking up on that put you back in happily
                      so each pair of reds would yield one point for you and a 7 point foul for your opponent (you were not really on a red at that time).
                      After 14 reds +7 you vs. 49 Charlie.
                      red pink yellow...pink (27 points) bring you to 34 points only, so Charlie is still ahead and with only the black left no way to catch up.
                      Perfect, snookersfun! Well done. I "pocketed" all 15 reds, but only reds 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15 were legal pots. I pocketed reds 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 14 when I should have nominated a colour, but hadn't.

So here is the scoreboard after round 173:

Pos. . . . . . . . Score . . . . . . Player
                      ..1 . . . . . . . . . 29. . ... . . . . snookersfun
                      ..2 . . . . . . . . . 15½ .. . . . . . Robert602
                      ..3 . . . . . . . . . 15 . . . . . . . . davis_greatest
                      ..4 . . . . . . . . . 14 . . . . . . . . Cessy143
                      ..5 . . . . . . . . . 14 . . . . . . . . Lindea
                      ..6 . . . . . . . . . 12½. . . . . . . Alex0Paul
                      ..7 . . . . . . . . . 11½. . . . . . . chasmmi
                      ..8 . . . . . . . . . 10½. . . . . . . Mitsuko
                      ..9 . . . . . . . . . . 7½. . . . . . . The Statman
                      10 . . . . . . . . . . 6½. . . . . . . Cyril
                      11 . . . . . . . . . . 5½. . . . . . . Ginger Freak
                      12 . . . . . . . . . . 4½. . . . . . . PaulTheSoave
                      13 . . . . . . . . . . 3½. . . . . . . rambon
                      14 . . . . . . . . . . 3½. . . . . . . hegeland
                      15 . . . . . . . . . . 3½. . . . . . . JPK123
                      16 . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . Monique
                      17 . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . semih_sayginer
                      18 . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . Valderie
                      19 . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . kellie-text
                      20 . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . April Madness
                      21 . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . Ellena
                      22 . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . Obligation
                      23 . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . berolina
                      24 . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . Mal
                      25 . . . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . pat39
                      26 . . . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . JoanneT63
                      27 . . . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . In-off
                      28 . . . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . mcmanusrules
                      29 . . . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . Ronnieisthebest
                      30 . . . . . . . . . . ½. . . . . . . . sunny3909
                      31 . . . . . . . . . . ½. . . . . . . . abextra

ROUND ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FOUR

... anyone?

Comment

• Originally Posted by davis_greatest
                        Oh, go on then, just one more (at least for now)…

I’ve just finished the most hilarious frame of snooker against my pet chimpanzee Charlie. The only shot he played in the entire frame was the break off – hahaha! I pocketed all 15 reds (but never the black)! In fact, the black didn’t move during the whole frame (actually, I never nominated black or even touched it)! Nor did I foul at any point on any of the other colours - yellow, green, brown, blue or pink – all of which I potted at the end of the frame (after having potted the 15th red, of course, followed by a pink). Oh, and I never fouled when red was the ball on either. Yet the cheeky chimp still beat me!

How did Charlie manage that?

ROUND ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FOUR

I’m just back from having played another frame of snooker against my pet chimpanzee Charlie. It wasn't nearly as ridiculous as the previous frame - in fact, it seemed perfectly normal - no free balls, no balls forced off the table, no potting more than one ball in one shot, no pocketing the wrong ball... actually, there were no fouls or anything remotely unusual at all.

Interestingly, we each potted every colour at least once during the frame. However, I had the upper hand: I potted more yellows than Charlie, more greens than Charlie - come to think of it, more browns, blues, pinks and blacks than Charlie! I just could not seem to miss a ball!

So how did the cheeky chimp beat me again? And by how much did he win?

Comment

• He won by 57-54 (or 56-55?)

Charlie potted 8 or 9 reds and 1 each of the colours + 3 extra blacks,
                          while you potted (6 or 7 reds) 1 each of the colours + extra yellow, extra green and 4 extra browns.

Comment

• Only if "more" does not necessarily mean "strictly more"

Charlie potted 6 reds + colours (1 yellow, 2 green, 1 brown, 1 blue, 1 pink) and 6 reds "naked" for 35 pts
                            You potted 1 red "naked", 1 red + yellow, 1 red + green then cleared all colours : 35 pts
                            Charlie then won on the respotted black. 42-35
                            Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                            http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Only if "more" does not necessarily mean "strictly more"

Charlie potted 6 reds + colours (1 yellow, 2 green, 1 brown, 1 blue, 1 pink) and 6 reds "naked" for 35 pts
                              You potted 1 red "naked", 1 red + yellow, 1 red + green then cleared all colours : 35 pts
                              Charlie then won on the respotted black. 42-35
                              Oh... more does mean "strictly more".... so 1 is not more than 1...

Comment

He won by 57-54 (or 56-55?)

Charlie potted 8 or 9 reds and 1 each of the colours + 3 extra blacks,
                                while you potted (6 or 7 reds) 1 each of the colours + extra yellow, extra green and 4 extra browns.
                                Pretty good...OK, very good... but you can't go for 2 answers! Only one of those 2 answers is possible. So the point will go to the first person to give the correct one and to explain why the other one cannot happen...

Comment

Working...
                                X