Snooker's Biggest Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
    Total shot in the dark - all have beaten world numbers 1,2, & 3 in the wc?
    Nope.......
    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• Bit of a stab here but have they all won a match by winning 7 consecutive frames?
      "It might not be on stats or titles but in terms of talent and the ability to play snooker erm......he's the best" Hendry's humbled words on Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Comment

• Originally Posted by James Wattashot View Post
        Bit of a stab here but have they all won a match by winning 7 consecutive frames?
        you are on the right track
        to help you Davis, Ebdon and Bond has done at the crucible

Comment

• Won a game 10 - 0 in a ranking event?
          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• Something to do with winning 13 frames in a row?

Davis in 1985 went from 9-5 to 16-5 in the semis and led 8-0 after the first session of the final
            Ebdon in 2006 went from 4-2 to 13-2 against David Gray and led Shaun Murphy 7-0
            Bond in 1996 went from 3-4 to 13-4 against James Wattana and led Dave Harold 3-0

I don't think this is the right answer because John Parrott, John Higgins and Mark Williams have all done likewise at the Crucible but it's something unusual that does link them!

Comment

• They have all won a two-session match in which they were six frames behind at one point? Something like that?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                They have all won a two-session match in which they were six frames behind at one point? Something like that?
                I did think along those lines buit not sure that Davis has done it at the Crucible. (Versus Holt springs to mind but that was the second round - and as you intimate, if it's longer than two-session then several others could be added to the list.)

Comment

• Its all close but not quite
                  Another clue-Hendry and Murphy has done it in the final
                  Last edited by missneworleans; 4 September 2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• They've been 10-6 down after the first day of a world final and come back to win or lead?

Comment

• Is it back-to-back centuries? or 3 in 4 frames maybe?

Comment

• nope
                        it is something that can be done in a long match-minimum best of 17

Comment

• Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
                          nope
                          it is something that can be done in a long match-minimum best of 17
                          Won a match from an 8 frame deficit?

Oooh, no, I think it is been 8 frames behind, produced a comeback to level the match, then lost in the deciding frame....
                          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• I'm probably going to help someone to a correct answer here, but I recall that Terry Griffiths's first match as a professional was in the UK Championship against Rex Williams. Griffiths led 8-2 but Williams won the match 9-8.

I feel it has definitely got something to do with that. So I'll guess - won a match from specifically 8-2 behind!

Comment

• Rex Williams - beat Terry Griffiths 9-8 from 2-8 in the 1978 UK
                              Stephen Hendry - not sure off hand
                              Nigel Bond - beat Cliff Thorburn 10-9 from 2-8 (and 2-9) in the 1994 Worlds
                              Peter Ebdon - beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 13-11 from 2-8 in the 2005 Worlds
                              Shaun Murphy - beat Ding 9-8 from 2-8 in one of the finals last season
                              Steve Davis - beat Michael Holt 13-10 from 2-8 in the 2005 Worlds

So that is my answer - all won a match having trailed by two frames to eight.
                              Last edited by The Statman; 8 September 2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
                                Rex Williams - beat Terry Griffiths 9-8 from 2-8 in the 1978 UK
                                Stephen Hendry - not sure off hand
                                Nigel Bond - beat Cliff Thorburn 10-9 from 2-8 (and 2-9) in the 1994 Worlds
                                Peter Ebdon - beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 13-11 from 2-8 in the 2005 Worlds
                                Shaun Murphy - beat Ding 9-8 from 2-8 in one of the finals last season
                                Steve Davis - beat Michael Holt 13-10 from 2-8 in the 2005 Worlds

So that is my answer - all won a match having trailed by two frames to eight.
                                Sounds like the right answer, as Hendry won the 1991 Masters final from 2-8 behind.

And the hint about O'Sullivan also makes sense, because he almost won from 2-8 behind in the Liverpool Victoria Challenge in 1997, and also in the semi-finals of the 2009 UK Championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X