No announcement yet.

Snooker's Biggest Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 is my first impression.....14*red-pink, 1*red-brown-yellow, a green-brown, (these 16 contributions are shared by players A & B), then A pots both pink and blue to go 7 ahead, B pots the the final black, and a respotted black.....=18 breaks of 7!

Comment

• Attempt

61 is my guess
      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

• Well I agree with 18, if you can call potting black a 'break'
        if not than 16
        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• Eighteen is absolutely the correct answer. I fiddled with it and I believe it cannot be done in a frame without any fouls.

Now, I have a bit of a predicament because Odrl came up first with the correct answer of 18 whereas JIMO96 was the first to demonstrate it with a relevant sequence.

I think I have to be fair and say that, as I merely asked for an answer and did not require any workings, I have to give the point ot Odrl but I am happy to also award JIMO96 an honorary half-point for his efforts.

Meanwhile, anyone got a next question?

Comment

• Stephen Hendry, Steve Davis, Ronnie O'Sullivan, John Higgins, A, B, C, John Spencer, Cliff Thorburn, Terry Griffiths, X, Y, Z.
            Who are A, B, C, X, Y, and Z? And if you get it, please explain why.
            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• This thread has been dormant for very very nearly a whole year so it's time to revive it and I'm going to revive it with an easy question:

A player, with a one-point lead, can see the ball on directly, full in the face with no obstruction. He fails to hit the ball on, and yet the referee does not call a Miss.

Why?

Comment

• Only the black remains?
                "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                - Linus Pauling

Comment

• Snookers required stage

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Snookers required stage
                    How can that be, if he has "a one-point lead"?

Comment

• Lol forget that bit

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
                        Why?
                        Does he actually play a stroke?

Comment

• He does a miss-cue

Comment

• got to be because only the black remains on the table, so ends up losing the frame.

Only just discovered this thread today, shame its dying out would have been a great way to spend the day at work...

Comment

• touching ball

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
                                This thread has been dormant for very very nearly a whole year so it's time to revive it and I'm going to revive it with an easy question:

A player, with a one-point lead, can see the ball on directly, full in the face with no obstruction. He fails to hit the ball on, and yet the referee does not call a Miss.

Why?
                                he's touching the ball on

Comment

Working...
                                X