No announcement yet.

How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q2 Answer. Player pots the penultimate red. He nominates black but fails to hit it (Foul and a Miss). Scores 1 point for the red and gives 7 points to his opponent. At this point his turn has ended. His opponent, not liking what is left, asks for the balls to be replaced and the player to play again. The player again nominates black and this time pots it (because it was a foul and miss and has been asked to play again with all balls replaced in their original position, he is STILL on a colour). He then pots the black. He is now on the final red which he pots, then black and then the colours in sequence.
    Because he was asked to play again, his break started with the potting of the black (7 points) then the red (1), then black (7) then colours (27), total clearance of 42.

Q1. After potting the blue, player ends up touching the pink. As he has to play away, he tries to come off a cushion to pot the pink but misses (no foul as it was a touching ball). His opponent then pots pink and black to win the frame.
    You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Originally Posted by DawRef View Post
      Technically you are right on the first one, but not the answer I was looking for; and in the second question, I did say a 42 clearance. Potting the black after a re spot would be a break of 7 and not added to what was scored before.
      you said it wasnt the answer you were looking for.
      Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

I was replying to OLdGits answer about the player conceding. However, as he was only 10 points in front (or even behind) why would he want to concede with a possible 13 on the table?
        You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Working...
        X