Max break + ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    You pot a free ball, but are then called for a foul and a miss on the colour. Your opponent puts you back in, you pot the black, then clear the table just like in a "normal" maximum? :wink:
    Ah, I missed this .. and it sounds a lot more likely than my answer ...

Comment

Originally Posted by cantpotforshíte View Post
      If your give your opponent 147 points in fouls before any points are scored, then do a total clearance with blacks so that the scores are tied, then win the toss and pot the re-spotted black? Would this count as a part of the break or am I barking up the wrong tree?
      Yes your definitely barking
      The re-spotted black doesn't count as part of the break

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Yes your definitely barking
        The re-spotted black doesn't count as part of the break
        Aye .. pretty bloody obvious when you think about it. If what I initially thought was true then the maximum theoretical break would be 162. And I can't remember having too many of those recently...

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
          I had this argument with a friend's husband when we were both at a wedding reception a while back. He said he'd seen a feature that claimed there'd been a 155 made. And I said there had been no such break ever made. The only maximum + extra had been the 148 made in qualifying by Jamie Burnett. There had been no 155. He said he'd seen a feature on the BBC saying that somebody had made one, and I said he couldn't have done, because no such one was made.

At this point I didn't realise that Jamie Cope was alleged to make one in practice. So after 118 118-ing it, and getting the answer along the lines of; "Jamie Cope made a 155 in practice, but no break of 155 has been made in competition" we were both proven correctish. It had been done as he'd claimed, but not done in a professional tournament which is also what he was claiming.

I'm pretty confident nobody has done it since Burnett at all, and I'm entirely sure nobody has done it on the televised stages of a tournament.
          There was a 155 telly break done by Joe Davis. But I do have part of that break the ending of it. But poor pic and sound. But sadly the video was lost only a short clip of it.
          Original Source: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...#ixzz2C1zc93WM
          - TSF - TheSnookerForum.com

Comment

Seem to remember O'Sullivan on for a 148 in the premier league a few years ago, but the break broke down with about 2 reds left on the table

Comment

Ronnie missed the black while trying to get on the yellow - with his break on 114

Comment

Originally Posted by Sarmu View Post
                oh yea, forgot about this one, 155 on a pool table
                It looks like a full size table to me, just the angle is high..look at the pot on the yellow aprox 8.50 he cant reach without the rest....anyway great vid great break.

Comment

I missed a pink on 94 once when there was 151 on.

Annoying because I didn't twitch on it, just didn't line it up correctly.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                    I missed a pink on 94 once when there was 151 on.

Annoying because I didn't twitch on it, just didn't line it up correctly.
                    oh dear

Comment

Alex Higgins had a 155 in a exibition match years ago..sure iv'e seen this in the guinness book of records too..i'll try n find it..wouldnt be surprised with Alex, he did some crazy stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X