Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your chance to win the Eye of a Hurricane book

Welcome,
    Same as the Jimmy White DVD there are 2 copies up for grabs of the Alex Higgins Eye of a Hurricane book thanks to ferret. Once again there are 10 questions to answer and the 2 with the most answers will win the books...PLEASE PM ME YOUR ANSWERS
    So here are the questions:

1.In total how many century breaks did Alex Higgins have in the World Championship at the crucible.

2.In the 1993-94 season where was Alex Higgins in the rankings.

3.Who did Alex Higgins beat in his very first World Championship match.

4.What is Alex Higgins' middle name.

5.True or False...Alex has won the Mosconi Cup.

6.When he was young what snooker club did Alex Higgins play in most of the time.

7.In what year and by what score did Alex Higgins lose to Steve Davis in the second round.

8.In his first round World Championship match against Tony Drago in 1988 how many frames did Alex Higgins win.

9.In what place did Alex Higgins finish in the 1972-73 season's Norwich Union Open.

10.Who did Alex beat in the 1975 Watneys Open Quarter Final

The deadline is 17th July.
    Last edited by crucible77; 10 July 2008, 11:55 AM.
    2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Ive decided to change the deadline to 19th July so make sure you get your entry in!
    Last edited by ferret; 15 July 2008, 11:20 AM.

Comment

So here are the results of the competition...now there was a 3-way tie at the top...so ferret has drawn 2 out of a hat as winners...
      Those 2 winners were..MONIQUE & MARSHAL...CONGRATUALTIONS Please make sure you send your details to ferret.

1.Monique 9/10
      2.Marshal 9/10
      3.Ellena 9/10 (unlucky ellena )
      4.Straud13 7/10

These are the answers of the 10 questions:
      1.In total how many century breaks did Alex Higgins have in the World Championship at the crucible.-7

2.In the 1993-94 season where was Alex Higgins in the rankings.-61

3.Who did Alex Higgins beat in his very first World Championship match.-Ron Gross

4.What is Alex Higgins' middle name.-GORDAN

5.True or False...Alex has won the Mosconi Cup.-TRUE

6.When he was young what snooker club did Alex Higgins play in most of the time.-THE JAMPOT CLUB

7.In what year and by what score did Alex Higgins lose to Steve Davis in the second round.-13-8 in 1981

8.In his first round World Championship match against Tony Drago in 1988 how many frames did Alex Higgins win.-2

9.In what place did Alex Higgins finish in the 1972-73 season's Norwich Union Open.-4TH

10.Who did Alex beat in the 1975 Watneys Open Quarter Final-Rex Williams

Comment

"Unlucky" is my 2nd name. If it had been a "who to do the dishes competition" i bet my name would have been drawn first from the hat. lol
        Guess I will have to wait for the book to appear in our libraries here..and this most likely will happen never.
        Congrats to the winners.
        Was fun to do the quiz .
        "I just want to live for the moment.Tomorrow's not important, next month is not important,what's happened in the past is not important.That's my journey... and I like the journey i'm on!" R.O'Sullivan
        Winner of 2008 UK Championship Prediction Contest
        Winner of 2010 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

Originally Posted by Ellena View Post
          "Unlucky" is my 2nd name. If it had been a "who to do the dishes competition" i bet my name would have been drawn first from the hat. lol
          Guess I will have to wait for the book to appear in our libraries here..and this most likely will happen never.
          Congrats to the winners.
          Was fun to do the quiz .
          Its well worth trying ebay or amazon too.

If you ever do get hold of a copy, and if the full story is indeed being given by Alex, you would definately think he is one of the unluckies people ever born.

There are so many tales of rip-off merchants; crooked agents, bent managers, dodgy dealers etc that Alex has had the misfortune to loose thousands of pounds to throughout his career.

All this is apart from his health, personal relationship difficulties, wpbsa vendettas (as he would see it - many of their punishments were unduly harsh although he undoubtedly did deserve some of his disciplinaries,)

I must add he doesnt tell these tales in a self pitying - feel sorry for me- way.
          Last edited by dannyd0g; 23 July 2008, 01:15 PM.
          "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by dannyd0g View Post
            Its well worth trying ebay or amazon too.

If you ever do get hold of a copy, and if the full story is indeed being given by Alex, you would definately think he is one of the unluckies people ever born.

There are so many tales of rip-off merchants; crooked agents, bent managers, dodgy dealers etc that Alex has had the misfortune to loose thousands of pounds to throughout his career.

All this is apart from his health, personal relationship difficulties, wpbsa vendettas (as he would see it - many of their punishments were unduly harsh although he undoubtedly did deserve some of his disciplinaries,)

I must add he doesnt tell these tales in a self pitying - feel sorry for me- way.
            Never occurred to me to try ebay..Thanks Danny..
            Ya speak so beautiful about the book , you made me even more curious than i were. Alex is a special character in the snooker world, i know very few things bout him so would be interesting to learn more , especially when everything is narrated by the man himself.
            "I just want to live for the moment.Tomorrow's not important, next month is not important,what's happened in the past is not important.That's my journey... and I like the journey i'm on!" R.O'Sullivan
            Winner of 2008 UK Championship Prediction Contest
            Winner of 2010 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

Working...
            X