Ssb - maguire's title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - maguire's title

It's interesting that the only top 16 player to enter the first Pro Challenge Series event ended up winning it.

Stephen Maguire is £5,000 better off for going to Leeds. Good luck to him. It's more profitable than knocking balls in at his home club.

Despite what people say, there is a clear difference in standard when you compare players at the top of the rankings with those lower down.

The top ranked players are where they are because they are better. They all started at the bottom and have risen through the ranks because of how well they have played.

I realise this sounds obvious but it is perhaps still worth saying.

More...

Absolutely spot on. He entered, and for the good of the sport, and won so he goes up in my estimation (Not that I didnt respect him before) well done.
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
      Absolutely spot on. He entered, and for the good of the sport, and won so he goes up in my estimation (Not that I didnt respect him before) well done.
      Maguire was living on a tightrope throughout the tournament with 4-3 wins over Mark Davis,Rod Lawlor and Dave Harold where as Ken Doherty was going through them like a knife through butter losing just 1 frame on the way to the semi final in 3 matches but he came unstuck against Mcmanus...

it just goes to show playing well in the early rounds aint important just get over the line and if you stil in it you can win it...maguire did that perfectly.

Comment

Maguire seems to be in pretty good form reaching the final in Beijing few weeks ago (although lost to Wenbo despite a good lead) and now won this one.

Comment

Working...
        X