Ssb - williams breaks wrist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - williams breaks wrist

A night on the tiles has left Mark Williams with a broken wrist and doubtful for next month's Shanghai Masters.

The tiles in question were on the floor in a room of his house in Ebbw Vale. The twice former world champion slipped on them last night.

Williams was today confirmed to have broken his right wrist. "I'm gutted. I told the doctors that I need to play in Shanghai in less than four weeks time, but right now it looks dodgy," the Welshman told global-snooker.com.

More details here.

More...

As a left hander this shouldnt be any problem for him. He can just play every shot using the rest for a bridge.
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by dannyd0g View Post
      As a left hander this shouldnt be any problem for him. He can just play every shot using the rest for a bridge.
      easier said than done ....

its a advantage for him but even so it will not be comfterble unless the plaster is off and its healing well..

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
        easier said than done ....

its a advantage for him but even so it will not be comfterble unless the plaster is off and its healing well..
        LOL yes, i was only joking, but maybe someone like Alex Higgins would have considered doing that, like the time he was hopping round the table on one foot after he'd been docked all his ranking points.
        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by dannyd0g View Post
          LOL yes, i was only joking, but maybe someone like Alex Higgins would have considered doing that, like the time he was hopping round the table on one foot after he'd been docked all his ranking points.
          yes that was some achievement and he beat Les Dodd Hopping on 1 leg lol 5-1 i think before Willie beat him 5-2..

come to think of it that was a very succesfull period for Alex he won the Irish Championship stil on crutches and he was hobling when he won the Irish masters beating Hendry 9-8 in the final and a year later he reached the British Open Final ...

this could reserect Williams carear lol

Comment

Does he have to turn up for his match to get any points? Or does he still get last 32 points if he just gives a walkover to his opponent?

Comment

I think he has to turn up to collect any points.

Only Steve Davis seems to be able to get points even if he doesn't turn up, and still, some people don't see him as the greatest snooker player ever.

Tss, tss...

2008-09 Prediction Champion

Comment

Originally Posted by Migtsf View Post

Only Steve Davis seems to be able to get points even if he doesn't turn up, and still, some people don't see him as the greatest snooker player ever.

Tss, tss...

official line is Steve Earned thoes points for qualifieng however my official line is what a load of crap...

Comment

on the 18th of september Mark Williams and Mark King will have snooker demonstrations @ London Snooker Arena 2009 in Bucharest
                  relaxat
                  Booking manager
                  T W A

Comment

Originally Posted by Migtsf View Post
                    Don't even think he has to do that, Dott didn't last year for the Grand Prix, ROS for Bahrain etc.
                    sigpic
                    http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt_2745 View Post
                      Don't even think he has to do that, Dott didn't last year for the Grand Prix, ROS for Bahrain etc.
                      As long as he provides WPBSA with a medical note/file and they accept it (there are hearings for that) he will get the first round losers points if he does not turn up. In this case there is no doubt whatsoever he will get them. The points however are only "added" to the ranking "tally" after the hearing and that can be weeks after the tournament.
                      Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                      http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Originally Posted by relaxat View Post
                        on the 18th of september Mark Williams and Mark King will have snooker demonstrations @ London Snooker Arena 2009 in Bucharest
                        If he doesn't go in Shanghai, I don't think he will come in Romania to play an exhibition match against Mark King. (mai pe romaneste,naspa)

Comment

today was officialy announced on Pro TV and sport.ro sport's channel
                          relaxat
                          Booking manager
                          T W A

Comment

I hope. I'll be there. Where can be found tickets? And when?

Comment

starting with friday on www.bilete.ro and in London Club Bucharest
                              relaxat
                              Booking manager
                              T W A

Comment

Working...
                              X