Ssb - hendry's silver anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - hendry's silver anniversary

I would draw your attention to a couple of interviews with Stephen Hendry in his snooker room on 110sport.tv.

They find Hendry relaxed ahead of his 25th season as a professional and reflecting on his strong performance at the World Championship earlier this year.

Nobody likes being written off - least of all great champions - but it occurs to me that the best thing that can happen to Stephen is if everyone says he is past it.

With the pressure of expectation removed he could quietly find a bit of form and do some damage this season. Anyway, who cares what anyone thinks? It is only his own mental state that should matter to him.

The good news for Hendry's fans is that he seems to relish practising hard again, which has not always been the case in the last few years, and is up for yet another year on the circuit.

You can watch the interviews here.

More...

Nice table Stephen!

Comment

let's hope all that practise he's been putting in pays off..
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I hope Hendry does realise his best days are behind him as this will undoubtedly improve his chances of winning 1 ranking.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Quite optimistic about his chances ahead of the new season, as I am every year before the inevitable disappointment.

Big chance for him in Shanghai in my opinion, he won't get as kind a draw as that for the rest of the season now that he's out of the top eight. Some good players of course but on paper I think it could have been worse.
          sigpic
          http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Thanks so much for the link - really enjoyed watching them. Let's hope Stephen can transfer his confident and relaxed self to the tournament table.
            Winner of Crucible 77's 2009 World Championship Lucky Dip.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
              I hope Hendry does realise his best days are behind him as this will undoubtedly improve his chances of winning 1 ranking.
              i think that has sunk in now but its taken best part of the last 8 years to do that.

had he played the 2002 world final on merit as a 1 off match he would have won that but he played it as if he was stil the force he was and he wasent..

Comment

thank you very much for the link !
                Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
                Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

Working...
                X