Ssb - take a luca at this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by archalf1471 View Post
    I think I was trying to get across that with Michael he turned pro at 16 to a bit of a fanfare and dropped straight back off the main tour, clearly a difficult ask to stay there in your first season I will grant you
    The other guy I was thinking of was Mitchell Mann.
    I think the last batch so to speak of youngsters coming through were nowhere near the standard of recent years. I mean going back to the start of this decade we saw the likes of Murphy, Cope, Walden, Ford, Selby etc all come through from the age of 15-17 through to the game now and you just knew that they'd all make a good mark in the game.

Only Judd of recent times has really shown anything like the standard required to make it in the game today and although only 20 it seems a lot of other previous top juniors were making bigger steps but I think that is because the game has more strength in depth.

Big things have been made of the likes of White, Jamie Jones, Jack Lisowski etc but I really don't see top class players in any of them IMO. Mitchell Mann is one of the most over rated juniors I can remember and he's hardly won a game on the PIOS tour this season and he's 18 so it shows you just how difficult it is now.

I think the fact a lot of these kids now grow up without having to work hard to get what they want is why we won't see another Hendry, Higgins or O'Sullivan. Life for most kids today is too easy, they don't have to clean tables or work to get their free play, its given to most of them on a plate and they don't have the determination or focus when things aren't happening for them.

As for Luca he is a very good talent, a natural like O'Sullivan but playing well on your own table and making breaks is not going to get him anywhere. I know of many good club players who have so much talent but don't and never will have the mentallity to compete because as soon as the pressure is on they fall to pieces. That is what seperates the real talented players in the game from those who are good in practice.

Comment

I love his 'get down on the shot' and his cue action .. so very economical and effective.

Comment

Luca Brecel - 126 Break Left-Handed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jJ9NGOiSTg

Comment

Originally Posted by grotenbees View Post

wow - he's good

Comment

He played the green right-handed. Still a great break though.
            2009 & 2010 UK Championship Fantasy Game Winner
            2011 China Open Lucky Dip Winner

Comment

Yep just because it was easier from that side of the table. Could have been a 139 clearance virtually all left handed.... it just takes the micheal hey!

Played about 10 really grinding frames tonight and come home to see this... what a talent. I think he ought to add another 6 reds and go for 190 breaks!

Comment

Luca is obviously a huge talent at the age of 14yrs and, of course, I wish him the very best for the future ...

But I once saw an interview with a top coach (Terry Griffiths I think but I'm not sure) who said in a stoical way about another young lad ... he's fantastic now but lets see what the next 5 years brings ... firstly, he's growing at a huge rate and unless he grows in exact proportion (unlikely) he'll have to adapt his cueing action ... then there's the issues of testosterone and girls ...

And I guess if he gets though that, he might suffer Trump-ism ... you're no longer the wonder kid ... you now have to play the world's best adults each and every tournament ...

I think Judd Trump may get through that but it's too early to say about Luca except to say he is phenomenal for his age ...

Good luck Luca and Judd ...

Comment

Right. Does anyone know if there are any other players of Luca's age, but just as good? Anywhere in the world?

I know he's at very fragile age and then there's always that dose of skepticism towards possible future champions, but really...I believe in this kid.

Comment

Luca Brecel - Steven Hendry

Yesterday Luca has won an exhibition match against Stephen Hendry : 4-3

Comment

Have never seen a young player like it! Absolutely fantastic. What do the feed him on?

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                        Luca is obviously a huge talent at the age of 14yrs and, of course, I wish him the very best for the future ...

But I once saw an interview with a top coach (Terry Griffiths I think but I'm not sure) who said in a stoical way about another young lad ... he's fantastic now but lets see what the next 5 years brings ... firstly, he's growing at a huge rate and unless he grows in exact proportion (unlikely) he'll have to adapt his cueing action ... then there's the issues of testosterone and girls ...

And I guess if he gets though that, he might suffer Trump-ism ... you're no longer the wonder kid ... you now have to play the world's best adults each and every tournament ...

I think Judd Trump may get through that but it's too early to say about Luca except to say he is phenomenal for his age ...

Good luck Luca and Judd ...
                        I agree with this quote by Dandy.

Obviously he is going the right way but its a little too early to say if he will make it right to the top because at that level I think the difference is not so much skill but their mindset. Lovely cue action and I believe he is coached by Hendry/Ebdon/White's old coach Chris Henry in Belgium who knows a thing or two about snooker himself.:snooker:

Comment

Yesterday Luca has won an exhibition match against Stephen Hendry : 4-3
                          Really?! lol

Good Work Luca!
                          Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

He is a terrific prospect that's for sure and as he's already won the euro u19 title I would suggest his temperament is sound too.

I'm reminded of a great youngster called Wayne Adlam who won my u18 town title at 12 when Mick Price was 15(Mick, for those not in the know, was the recipient of Ronnie's fastest ever 147). Wayne was good enough to compete with Mick and on this occasion beat him, while giving him 3 years. Mick Price went on to rise up to 21 in the world, no-one's ever heard of Wayne.

I have to say that I don't think this will happen to Luca however. He's achieved a great level of play without too much competition around him and his talent left handed shows he has a natural gift. By all accounts he has a very good attitude and as long as he can stay away from the girls, the beer, other teenage snooker players.....
                            I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                              Really?! lol

Good Work Luca!
                              Luca went out to 4-1 but Hendry won the last two frames

Comment

Luca's 54th 147 in training

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iVsxQcgd8Q

Comment

Working...
                                X